Delaware river 10/22

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
Den and I hit the River this morning at 7am and fished until 3pm we spent the day in dredge and fished the dropping tide until noon then we had rising water. Baits for the day were a bandit crankbait and jigs in brown and blue.
the day started off with me catching the first 6 fish. then Den decided to start using a hook with a point. he landed 8 of the next 9 fish all on jigs we fished the docks and steel walls to account for all the fish Water temp was 57* We also ran into a friend of mine who had another 7 fish.
The fish in the bottom photo had what looked and felt like a tongue path that you would find on a spotted bass if fought very hard. several f the other fish that we caught had the same path I wonder if they could have been spots??
DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

BassAddict said:
=D> =D> Nice catchin Red, ive been wondering where ya been
I've been all over the place fisin was down in Florence Alabama the ABA nationals had a great time didn't cash a check but won an awesome door prize the 8' pro series power pole $1500

=D> =D> =D> Nice catchin...Looks like a spot to me...Not all spots have that red tooth patch in their mouths but most do ..usually a spot has a smaller mouth than a lg mouth and the Spots between the dorsal fins and the mouth are more blotcy and irregular..best way to tell a spot to me is they never give up they fight harder than a smallie and a lg mouth put together pound for pound...Good time to getcha some good spots we catch a lot of them here too this time of year they can get really shallow and they love rocky banks and boat docks...JIGGY

I have never heard of spots being caught on the delaware river I know they fight like hell i have caught them on the tva lakes before.
I have ordered the bracket for the power pole that will allow me to mount it with out drilling my transom. I checked into the price to have it done for me and was told it would be about a grand. I will need to take the motor off to mount it myself I will give it some more thought but i think it will be a go...
Wayne

Latest posts