destroying the resale value of a 1650 fisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
Well my boat was a side console but I wanted an open floor so I made it a tiller. Only problem was my back deck is 48" which makes driving an adventure and a challenge. It had three livewells, two small ones which I use one for tools and the other for drinks. Well the big one was too small for fish and too square for bait.well I wanted to keep my teo small baitwells since I like using them. So what I camecup with worked
This is before
20120421_155111.jpg

And after. The step up from the gas tank makes it ideal for my legs
20120429_173951.jpg

20120429_174003.jpg

As it sits now, I have to get some aluminum and angle iron to finish it. Im gonna carpet it to hide A imperfections since I cut the pieces with a sawzall :D

You outa make a notch or add an extender to that tiller arm, would make it easier to drive around.

Looks like it will work. I laughed at your title. I think most of us here thought that way at some point when we started our first project...its hard not to think your hurting the value of something. My boat for example...its from the 60 and looks like it has sat in a backyard most of its life. It wasn't even scratched up. I drilled holes in it for a drain almost first thing... The thought went through my mind I would hurt the value. But then I decided when I make it what I want it will be that much more enjoyable for me.

Have fun building your boat...make it yours...you won't regret it.

I had a tiller extension on it for a while, but it made it a pain climbing on the deck anf starting it then moving forward to steer it. Plus with a 24" extension it makes sharp turns impossible. The way it sits now is perfect. Just gotta get some plywood and carpet to cover up all the ugliness.

Latest posts