Dgram36's 1852 Lowe Olympic Duck Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dgram36 said:
hotshotinn said:
WoW 2 gallons on there.I hope i can get buy with one of them [-o<

Set the sprayer on low and make the first coat thin.
I agree! I used 1/2 gallon with HVLP sprayer using 1.8 tip with 2 liberal coats from this newbie. I thought it covered the ultra white primer very well. BTW I used dead grass as well with 15% thinner mix as recommended.

Ha your wish is my command. Framed the deck out today. Took a little inspiration from another site member and went to town with some 2" square tube.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375225656.931263.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375225670.746831.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375225689.213450.jpg

meonline06 said:
Your boat is looking good so far! I look forward to seeing more

Thanks! I look forward to seeing more myself! Lol. Trying to balance the work, family and this tin has pushed the build out longer than expected. Still shooting for a September completion date.

I installed a plywood deck sealed with spar and double coated with Parker's. Wired the lighting and bilge, installed a bow eye and repositioned the side console and throttle mount. I'm pretty excited about the progress. My friends coming over later to help me hang the motor. Now I'm just waiting on the teleflex steering and cables I ordered. Should be here within the week!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376227683.634493.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376227694.446040.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376227711.318548.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376227729.595466.jpg

:shock: Looks awesome yo. Really great job. I need to get some pics of my blind up.

Feeling pretty good right now. Just got my motor and steering installed. I have been looking all over for a deal on a teleflex steering system and I finally found one on Amazon.com. I found one that someone had apparently returned because it was the wrong size. It was listed as used-like new. List price was 127 and this one was marked down to $55! I took a chance on it and it really paid off. Got the package today and everything was practically new except for the box. What a score:D

I know, I need to get my rear in gear. I just want to change plugs, up my idle speed a bit, and finish grassing this dumb blind! I got all my grass and camouflage netting now, just have to get to work.

First trip out I had the controls rigged wrong, but I got them on the money now. Overall, very pleased. Took a video but not sure how to post it on here. Time to build a blind!

Great work! Glad it went okay. I just finished my blind. I have built scissor type and now Hard side, let me know if I can help in any way (from 1000 miles away LOL)

Pweisbrod said:
Great work! Glad it went okay. I just finished my blind. I have built scissor type and now Hard side, let me know if I can help in any way (from 1000 miles away LOL)

Thanks man! I'm gonna do a scissor blind for sure. I have some ideas.