Do over

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windvision

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Getting ready to build my first jet jon! Starting with a new 1442 Alumnacraft jonboat and looking to install a 750 Kawasaki. Everything is open to change, based on your input and logic, but looking to make this a 2 man fishing boat with stick steer. I will be running the Mississippi and some of the shallower back water streams.
So, my question is....if you were going to change/improve anything on your boat, what would it be and why. Just trying to get it right the first time! Thanks! Paul

Hi WV - I also am just starting a Jet Jon project. I have a Alumnicraft 1648 & Polaris 750. It won't be a rocket but I intend to keep it light, so hope it will do 30 MPH.

I have been reading the great build threads from PSG1, Ranchero50 & others - have been very helpful.

A couple things about my build:

I fiberglassed in sealing flanges into the PWC insert. Hopefully this will provide a good sealing interface. I am going to use 3M5200 + screws to attch the insert. I also bought some West 2-step aluminum etching solution, as I understand 3M5200 doesn't bond well to aluminum.

The PWC hull has some rocker to it, so I am hoping that will be enough 'spoon' to avoid cavitation. If I am wrong i can build up the area with more Fglass later.

Here is a picture of the new flange.

Please post pictures of your build as it progresses - I will do the same.

Attachments

• jetjon 003.JPG
    jetjon 003.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 841
Lowe: I'll be running Pool 9, in and around the Iowa/Minnesota border.

CRScooter: Yes, I have read PSG-1 and Ranchero50's threads many times! My build will be all welded. Have access to a Millermatic 252 and I bought a pretty good aluminum spool gun for this project. I have purchased a 155 mm pump assembly with reverse to be powered by the 750 Kawasaki. That is being rebuilt now. I am planning on a spoon as well. It should be ready for spring, but some of the first ice fishing started today by Lansing! That might slow things down! Good luck with your build..

Latest posts