Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baptistpreach said:
Can you give me some info on the paint you used? Where'd you get it, how much did it cost? I'm really WOWED by the job you did, I'm working on my boat now, and gotta confess, you have given me a shot in the arm to get it done! Also, I've been wondering about this, how did you connect the floor to the frame or supports you built below it. I know I'm planning on gluing the carpet down, so does that mean once the floor is there, its there and not going anywhere? Thanks for your help, and congrats again!

David

David....thanks for the compliments! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

The paint is Interlux Brightside Marine paint. It was 39.99 a quart. (bought it at West Marine) Let me also say it goes a really long way and I brushed it on. 1 quart would give you to 3+ coats (outside) I bought a quart of blue and gray. (and I primed with self-etching primer I got at Autozone and Wal-mart.....about 5-6 bucks a can.)

My front deck it bolted on in 3 different places. In the very front, it's bolted all the way through the deck, then through the bench seat.
2nd place is the swivel seat mounting bracket.......all those bolts run through the bracket, then deck, and into the aluminum angle supports. If you look back to that page, you can see the extra support in the center.
The 3rd place is the edge of the middle bench seat. I got lucky and my bench seats had about a 1 1/2 inch overhang which allowed me put a bolt through the deck and all the way through the overhang. (I believe there's a pic of that also)
All my wood was carpeted before instalation

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

Looks great. I hadn't read up on this project since about page 4. One suggestion though. It looks as if you put your tie down strap over the gunwales about midships. It would probably be a little better on the boat if you put it farther aft.

How stable is that rig? Also, how wide is it?

Great job.

bassboy1 said:
Looks great. I hadn't read up on this project since about page 4. One suggestion though. It looks as if you put your tie down strap over the gunwales about midships. It would probably be a little better on the boat if you put it farther aft.

How stable is that rig? Also, how wide is it?

Great job.
Thanks for the tip! I'll move it! Would you recommend that I have 2 individual ties on the transom instead of the one all the way around the boat? I have 2 hooks on the trailer back their where I could connect to the rear boat handles.
If I remember correct, its 68in at its widest point.(54 at stern) As far as stable.....I cant believe how stable it is. I can stand on the side edge of the bow and I bet it does not tip more than 3 inches . I have no problem standing and walking.....but also.....Im not a big guy. (155lbs)
I guess the stability comes from all of the added weight of the decking and such.....because I have been in a bare aluminum semi-v that was dang near impossible to stand up in.
I was nervous the 1st time I took it out ...I had my girlfriend and an 80lb dog......I was worried about stability. Not a problem

I think you would be fine with one. I have one 2 inch wide ratchet strap over my transom, and I think my boat is a bit heavier than yours. I am thinking about going to the two strap idea that hooks to the hook, just because it will be easier to hook up, but as far as how well the load is held down, if it goes over the gunwales near the transom, it will hold just the same.

evattman said:
Ok.....I think its safe to say that the boat is completed!! :mrgreen: I finally got the seats that match and are bigger and way more comfortable. (the other ones go to ebay)
This has been about the most gratifying thing that I have ever done....nothing compares to doing all of this, then taking it out and everything works. Again, I am new to boating, so just being on the water in something that I semi-built is thrilling. I don't think I could ever get rid of it no matter how many boats I get in the future.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging...because I don't mean it that way. I'm sure you guys understand where Im coming from.

Before
sd531717ud4.jpg

After
img0063vp1.jpg

img0064ot1.jpg

img0067vn6.jpg

I sat and calculated every penny I spent and the grand total was $1032.00
I don't think thats to bad.

Ok, I had to join the forum just to post this...... I can not believe that this was the same boat, I went to the end and saw the before and after pictures and I laughed. I thought you had went out and bought a new boat. Awsome job!!! I just picked up a boat that Im going to be redoing, if it looks half this good I will be happy. Fine work! =D>

WOW!!!!! amazing what paint can do. you did an awesome job. i hope mine turns out half that good.

Stunning work as others have said.

Do you have any more pics of the front deck construction? It looks great!

dyeguy1212 said:
How do you like those seats? Im getting the same ones in red for my rig (or not if you say theyre crap) lol

The seats are pretty good considering the price. They seem to be tough, but I wish the foam was a bit thicker in the bottom cushion. After hours of sitting, it gets fairly flat.

GNaroz said:

Thank you!! I'll look and see if I have anymore. You mean the whole front deck or the part where the trolling motor is mounted?

evattman said:
GNaroz said:

Thank you!! I'll look and see if I have anymore. You mean the whole front deck or the part where the trolling motor is mounted?

Correct. Including the framing and compartment construction

Thanks

Well, I've been out about 3-4 times a week for a few weeks now. I figured it was time for a few more modifications. Here is a video I made to show a buddy of mine back home. I put a sound system in, put in lights, and I'm in the process of painting the trailer with the same "non-skid" gray paint as the inside of the boat. The video is a little dark.......it's hard shooting and capturing the boat lighting at night. :mrgreen:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wSkqXyyTw24&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wSkqXyyTw24&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

thanks for the video. I still think you've got one of the all time best mods I've ever seen. Your painting is second to none! How's everything going in life for you?