Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you have come a long way. The boat looks GREAT =D>

evattman said:
My hometown is Central, SC , (beside Clemson)
But I still consider Central my home and my entire family is their. I get back their alot. :wink:

Give me a shout when you are back around here. Maybe we could get together and fish that little lake close to Central (if you know where I am talking about). Of course it is closed for the winter now and we would have to wait till March.

Ok.....I think its safe to say that the boat is completed!! :mrgreen: I finally got the seats that match and are bigger and way more comfortable. (the other ones go to ebay)
This has been about the most gratifying thing that I have ever done....nothing compares to doing all of this, then taking it out and everything works. Again, I am new to boating, so just being on the water in something that I semi-built is thrilling. I don't think I could ever get rid of it no matter how many boats I get in the future.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging...because I don't mean it that way. I'm sure you guys understand where Im coming from.

Before
sd531717ud4.jpg

After
img0063vp1.jpg

img0064ot1.jpg

img0067vn6.jpg

I sat and calculated every penny I spent and the grand total was $1032.00
I don't think thats to bad.

Not bragging? Ummm... Hellooo, you should be bragging. That thing looks awesome. And for a tad over a grand? When you compare the pictures side by side they don't even look like the same boat.

Man,having an arguement with the wife,she saying it's not the same boat.
Tried to get her to look at all your posts(progress),all she says "you beleive everything on the internet"....grrr women.
Take it as a complement...Great job.

fowlmood77 said:

evattman said:
But I still consider Central my home and my entire family is their. I get back their alot. :wink:

Give me a shout when you are back around here. Maybe we could get together and fish that little lake close to Central (if you know where I am talking about). Of course it is closed for the winter now and we would have to wait till March.

Shoot yeah! We'll do it! They closed Hartwell down? I knew it was way down, but nobody told me it was closed. WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

Waterwings said:
Something I forgot to ask.......................how'd my tackle bag get in the back of your boat!? lol :)

Dont you remember letting me borrow it? :lol:

Zum said:
Man,having an arguement with the wife,she saying it's not the same boat.
Tried to get her to look at all your posts(progress),all she says "you beleive everything on the internet"....grrr women.
Take it as a complement...Great job.
Now that is funny! Tell her I appreciate it!!! :D
flounderhead59 said:
Not bragging? Ummm... Hellooo, you should be bragging. That thing looks awesome. And for a tad over a grand? When you compare the pictures side by side they don't even look like the same boat.
Thanks flounder, I appreciate it. :D

phased said:
Man I agree with flounderhead, you have plenty to brag about. Beautiful boat done by your own hands all for a thousand. Great job!!!
Waterwings said:
Outstanding job!
thumbsup_smilie.gif
. 8)
ben2go said:
Job well done. =D>
bAcKpAiN said:
A job to be very proud of!!
bcritch said:
That turned out great. Nice looking boat =D>
Phased, Waterwings, Ben2go, backpain, Bcritch.....Thanks alot for the comments. :mrgreen:

evattman said:
fowlmood77 said:

evattman said:

Shoot yeah! We'll do it! They closed Hartwell down? I knew it was way down, but nobody told me it was closed. WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is sad to see Hartwell drying up.I only seen it at close to full pool and that was 27 years ago when I was 5 years old.Our water district is running new water lines from a river in NC down to us in SC.The problem is the same as Hartwell's.Our water company is just doing something about it before the Lake Bowen gets dangerously low.There has been an explosion of housing developments in the areas which combined uses more water than the rivers and streams can provide the lake with.The lake level drops faster than the rivers can replenish the water that has been used.Our area is running out of water and Spartanburg county has been in drought status almost every year since 1983.So has the counties around Lake Hartwell.I just wish the government would do more to help the situation rather than place tighter restrictions and write new laws.It's not helping the people that use the lakes for water.

I think the really great thing about this post is that it shows that you don't need alot of money to have a great boat. If you're patient and have just a little skill/ability, you can take an old boat, used motor, some paint, carpet, decals and new seats and completely transform an ugly duckling into something ANYONE would be proud to own. Good for you! As a little jab in the arm- if you have a girlfriend that looks like that and "get bored when there's nothing to do", maybe boating isn't the best hobby for you. Trust me, the work NEVER ends and for some reason women can become insanely jealous of inanimate objects! :p

gunner1 said:
I think the really great thing about this post is that it shows that you don't need alot of money to have a great boat. If you're patient and have just a little skill/ability, you can take an old boat, used motor, some paint, carpet, decals and new seats and completely transform an ugly duckling into something ANYONE would be proud to own. Good for you! As a little jab in the arm- if you have a girlfriend that looks like that and "get bored when there's nothing to do", maybe boating isn't the best hobby for you. Trust me, the work NEVER ends and for some reason women can become insanely jealous of inanimate objects! :p

HaHa! :mrgreen: Thanks for comments gunner1! I know what your saying. I guess I should have clarified "when" I work on the boat. Occasionally I'll work on it when Meagan is home......but for the most part, I work on it when I'm off of the road and she's at work.....which is a good bit. It also helps that she loves to be on the water too......and loves to fish. I got lucky! lol :mrgreen:

Also, your patience statement is dead on! Several times I had the opportunity to buy trolling motors and outboards that were alot more expensive.....but decided to wait on better deals, and it paid off. Also, taking your time and doing it right was hard for me.(cause I wanted to have the boat right then!) I learned that from the 1st boat I started.

Can you give me some info on the paint you used? Where'd you get it, how much did it cost? I'm really WOWED by the job you did, I'm working on my boat now, and gotta confess, you have given me a shot in the arm to get it done! Also, I've been wondering about this, how did you connect the floor to the frame or supports you built below it. I know I'm planning on gluing the carpet down, so does that mean once the floor is there, its there and not going anywhere? Thanks for your help, and congrats again!

David

Latest posts