Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks real good. I've been thinking about putting a bimini on my boat but the cost has kept still just thinking about it. Never considered building my own. Wife is a seamstress so that part would be covered. If she can sew a wedding dress, she could probably do a bimini in her sleep.

flounderhead59 said:
That looks real good. I've been thinking about putting a bimini on my boat but the cost has kept still just thinking about it. Never considered building my own. Wife is a seamstress so that part would be covered. If she can sew a wedding dress, she could probably do a bimini in her sleep.

Thanks flounder. Yeah, I bet your wife could easily sew it. If your interested in the plans, let me know and Ill shoot them to you. Its a breeze to do. I more or less just briefly looked at them and adjusted the dimensions to fit my boat.

If anyone is interested, PM me and ill share them. :D

My 35 horse was delivered a few days ago and after giving everything a brief look, we took it out and tested. It ran like a top! I could not believe how much quieter this was compared to my 18hp. (guess that what 10 years newer will do) As soon as I got the trailer in the water, I got in the boat and started the motor on the 1st pull, just to make sure she was peeing......and she was. Got out just a little ways and I looked back and saw a little smoke. Uh Oh!! She stopped peeing. I immediately turned it off and trolled around, then back to the ramp.
I figured it was the impeller. Ordered a rebuild kit today, and pulled the bottom end off and sure enough, it was fairly disfigured. I also noticed that some of the waterway was restricted so I blew that out.
Anyway, here is a pic of the new motor on the boat. This was right after I saw the smoke, we pulled onto this island while I hooked up the trolling motor. (I still have not mounted my bow mount) :shock: :shock:

Im not even sure how fast it will go. I got a little over 1/2 throttle and realized I had already surpassed the speed of my 18 at WOT and figured I would wait until I didnt have my girlfriend and dog to see what the top end was. :lol:

dscf3508tv7.jpg

A couple days ago, I ordered some decals off of ebay. Tomorrow, I mount the foot controlled trolling motor. Wish me luck!!

img1358ql9.jpg

That loooks a lot like my boat, only 7000x better. I used to have the same motor, until a woman rear-ended it and broke the shaft in half. Anyways, I love the look with the decals, did you buy those on an ebay store? I'm pretty interested in something like that!!!

Wow! What an awesome job! Did you paint your outboard or did it just happen to match your boat?

CTAngler481 said:
That loooks a lot like my boat, only 7000x better. I used to have the same motor, until a woman rear-ended it and broke the shaft in half. Anyways, I love the look with the decals, did you buy those on an ebay store? I'm pretty interested in something like that!!!

Thanks CT! Here is the link to the the guys store I bought them from. The're nice decals and he has a TON to choose from! (Their relatively cheap compared to some boat decals) about 20 bucks.

https://stores.ebay.com/Wreckless-D...0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ189552012QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Pinball said:
Wow! What an awesome job! Did you paint your outboard or did it just happen to match your boat?

Thanks Pinball! Thats the way the motor came. I believe its the original color scheme. I am going to give it a touch up job though! Theirs a few scratches and nicks but nothing major. I actually ordered the Evinrude paint a few days ago. I'll never stop tinkering!! :mrgreen:

I just went back to your first post to take a fresh look at what your boat looked like before you started. Man I gotta tell you that you did a freakin' awesome job!!! That is one heck of a good lookin' boat now.

Well.....I didn't get the trolling motor mounted yet, but I did give the motor a new paint job.....
I repainted all of the silver with Evinrude 1979 Paint. I just touched up the hood.
The old paint on the body wasn't too bad, so I just water sanded then primed where it needed , then water sanded again. Gave it 4 good coats.
Turned out really smooth

img0006bp9.jpg

img0010zf7.jpg

img0008of9.jpg

Latest posts