Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boat looks great! 8)
thumbsup_smilie.gif

Thanks all for the kind words. :D We had the dog in the life vest because that was his first time on a boat and we did not know how he was going to react. (thought he may jump out.....he loves the water)
We took it out ALL day today and had a blast. I had my girlfriend take a short video of the boat coming by so everyone could see the speed of that 1969 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp. My guess is, by myself, it goes somewhere between 15-20mph .Im gonna keep my eye on craigslist for a bigger motor. (25 or 35)
Anyway, check out this 12 second video :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/v/99z6nXkO-ak

ben2go said:
Any updates?

Not really. I have taken it out a ton (I think Ive ran about 13 gallons through that 18hp Evinrude).....We've just forgotten the camera every time!
I did just buy a new motor though. (new to me) I bought a Johnson 25hp. I will soon get around to putting the foot controlled trolling motor on it.....but every time I have time to do it, I go to the lake!!!lol Guess thats a good problem.......right?

LOL..lots of people here have the same problem or aleast I do.While the weather is good,I'd rather be on the water.

Man ......I actually did a little work today. Here are a few things I done............. Mounted a cup holder and stern light holder. Cleaned and vacuumed all carpet. Fixed some problems with the trailer. (bad bearings) Got everything ready to be wired.(problem though...please look at my thread in Electronics..Please!!) And some aluminum molding.
Here are a few pics..........(sorry they were taken at night)

sd531916rd2.jpg

sd531918ir0.jpg

sd531921eu4.jpg

Waterwings said:
Looks good! Saw your electronics post, but unable to do wiring, or I'd gladly give you some assistance :)

:D
Almost forgot...how's the band doing? Staying busy?

Thanks. The band is doing great. We leave in the morning for Tulare, California...Seattle , Washington, and York , PA. (its a 3 show 5 day trip) so not too bad. And Our new song is steadily climbing the charts. :D Life is good.

minicuda said:
wow man that is the nicest 200.00 boat i have ever seen.

Ha ha!! :D :D Thanks. But its a bit over 200 bucks now.lol!!! I told myself that as long as I stay under 1000 bucks then I would be doing good. Im just barely over 1/2 way their. Thanks for the compliment.....your boat looks awesome!

A while back I decided to buy a bimini top for my 14 footer.....until I saw how much they cost. I ordered this "how to build a bimini top" off of ebay and I think it turned out pretty well. I built this more for rain cover than sun......but a few times this past summer, I wish I had a little shade to get under.

Its gray conduit with blue canvas top (thanks mom for sewing it :mrgreen: ) with white bimini hardware from West Marine and BPS. Those straps are handmade by a guy on ebay and cost 1/4 of what they do from Wet Marine.(all stainless hardware) I sill have to waterproof the canvas.
I may even go a little further and make a way to fully enclose it for the winter. If I can find some really heavy gage plastic (like on a golf cart cover) that would be the trick.
I'll take some close up pictures later....if anyone is interested.

This cost me right around 38 bucks......

dscf3503ut0.jpg

Latest posts