Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I got the aluminum bracing done for the deck. Keep in mind that this was all the aluminum angle that I had in the boat with the un-weldable hole. Im glad I was able to make it work ........ It may not look as pretty as it did :mrgreen:
Also, my "Lund" decals came in. I'm lovin it!

sd531745sf7.jpg

sd531750cn1.jpg

That looks awesome! I tell ya, sometimes a decal is all you need to convince people of a make :wink:

it looks like a Lonestar by the bracing and stuff. My dad has a lonestar and the front looks exactly like that and the transom bracing looks exactly like that.

Got a little work done today.....another full day and I think I'll have her finished. Completed the transom, rear seat/carpet, and light installation.
Hopefully I will have a free day this week before the weekend.\

The transom was Thompson water sealed and then painted. I just had some of that marine gray left over and thought..."why not

sd531838tb5.jpg

Cant wait to see how this old 18 Fastwin goes. I had a marine mechanic friend of mine do everything he could do to it......he said it runs great!!

sd531839ey2.jpg

One to fish, one to drive. :D

sd531831dt4.jpg

I was really glad the original seat had an overhang. It allowed me to just drill straight through both and throw a stainless nut and bolt with a finishing head.

sd531832tv2.jpg

The floor and front deck is what I have left. The floor is easy. The deck is going to be somewhat of a challenge. If anyone has an idea how I can join these 2 pieces without a seam, please let me know.

sd531840cm8.jpg

sd531836xx2.jpg

sd531841ye3.jpg

sd531830st5.jpg

The floor and front deck is what I have left. The floor is easy. The deck is going to be somewhat of a challenge. If anyone has an idea how I can join these 2 pieces without a seam, please let me know.

Two options come to mind right away. Use a biscuit jointer and put as many large (#20) biscuits in the seam as possible. Or use a router to make your ply into tongue and groove on the seam. Biscuits would be easier and faster. Glue and clamp it flat then drop it in the boat.

You need something under the seam to support it. Same reason framing is done on 16" (or 24") centers, so everything lands on a support. Why not just put some sort of piece of lumber under it? It'll be carpeted over anyway won't it??

ST

SlimeTime said:
You need something under the seam to support it. Same reason framing is done on 16" (or 24") centers, so everything lands on a support. Why not just put some sort of piece of lumber under it? It'll be carpeted over anyway won't it??

ST

Cant do that.....theres aluminum angle framing under their.

Well, I got to take her out for the first time today. Its not really finished, like the front foot trolling motor is not installed, but its completed enough to get out and test it.
We were out their about 4 hours and it did not take on any water at all.. The motor ran good on the top end......it sputterd a bit at lower rpm. (???)
Here are some pics from my first voyage........

sd531855ai8.jpg

sd531865nt8.jpg

sd531870fh8.jpg

Dad Gum you did a good job. It looks like a bass boat. Streamlined.

Dont go clutter that beauty up now., Keep her clean.

Looks good...don't go scratching that paint job on that concrete wharf.
So why does your dog have a life jacket and not your wife?