Dressed Trebles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a job for

BAIT MAN

sardine_man_1.jpg

PC Bait Man that is

I don't tie them, but would like to learn! If Nickk doesn't get you straight, TW had some funky colors in the clearance bin, working out to about $1 each. They're pretty expensive, i'm gonna have to learn to tie them, for sure!

dampeoples said:
I don't tie them, but would like to learn! If Nickk doesn't get you straight, TW had some funky colors in the clearance bin, working out to about $1 each. They're pretty expensive, i'm gonna have to learn to tie them, for sure!

I saw that, But they all vary around the white color! Im looking for soemthing that will dress nice with a black lure/popper.

Maybe you can just buy some nice mustad short shanks or owners (or gammys, whatever your preference), buy some fly tying material in black and blue, and tie it on the hook, like you're making a fly on a treble hook! Just an idea

SMDave said:
Maybe you can just buy some nice mustad short shanks or owners (or gammys, whatever your preference), by some fly tying material in black and blue, and tie it on the hook, like you're making a fly on a treble hook! Just an idea

Your right! Im going to try it myself....winter is coming up. Im going to ramp up on my stick making, Buzzbait making and Im going to learn how to tie my own dressed trebles.

not very good pics but I threw these 2 together tonight, no blue though. Are they too long?

dressedtrailers001.jpg

dressedtrailers002.jpg

sorry about the photo quality...DOH!

Jim

Take a look in the catalogs for lure building. You can buy dressed trebles. I've seen them in several places.

Tying your own is a snap. Fly tying 101. All sorts of materials to use as well. Feather, flash material, calf hair, bucktail...

Mattman, I will take a look at flyting101.

NickK those are awesome! You have any black hooks? I would like a couple of the first ones if you can do them with the black hook. You interested in wheeling and dealing? LOL!

Jim,
I'll try to pick up some black hooks this weekend(and some blue soft hackle). PM me your address.

BTW, do you want any flash? I have black krystal flash.

Nickk said:
Jim,
I'll try to pick up some black hooks this weekend(and some blue soft hackle). PM me your address.

BTW, do you want any flash? I have black krystal flash.

That would be cool!

Let me send you some money for the supplies and your time!:D

As Nickk's agent, I'll accept all monies on his behalf, and will appropriate it to the correct parties involved. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

dampeoples said:
As Nickk's agent, I'll accept all monies on his behalf, and will appropriate it to the correct parties involved. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

after which they may be turned into coffee colored stick bait with a *hint of anise....

is that what I smelled when I melted a tear in one?

:D

Yes, that bag was going to esquired, but you got it instead :) Made to his specs, so you should be catchign smallies like he's been posting all year! I've yet to catch a smallie on one! Oh wait, there are not any here :)

Latest posts