duck boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njredneck3

Reaction score
Hi
THis is a great site with alot of nice rigs. Has anyone built a duck blind on a 10' jon if so any advice would be helpfull. I have an old 10' tin jon with plans of putting a 6hp mud buddy motor on and i want to build a duck blind that will also act as a shelter from the weather i would like the blind to be removable this boat will also be used for cat fishing on the delaware river

Attachments

• duck boat.jpg
    duck boat.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 868
:WELCOME: There wouldn't by chance have been any alcohol involved in the above pic, would there :p Instead of a blind, why not make it one of those deals you lay-down in (I can't remember what they're called), and just drape some camo over you & the boat as small as it is. Cheap & simple, nothing to get in the way of fishing from it.

ST

njredneck3 said:
maybe a few beers thats me and my son and the wife wasnt happy abouth the boat in her pool

Women can have no sense of humor at times.......... :twisted:

ST

that is so true. the type of boat you talked about earlier is a layout boat it is a good idea but i had back surgery and i dont think i could take one of those

njredneck3 said:
that is so true. the type of boat you talked about earlier is a layout boat it is a good idea but i had back surgery and i dont think i could take one of those

I can relate to that (back problems). I used to have a small 2-man Bass Buggy, and the gal I was dating at the time was a fair-skinned redhead who burned easily. She happen to also enjoy fishing, so I used some electrical (thinwall) conduit to make my own bimini top using a blue tarp. You could make a "ring" (like the old bathtubs used that had a shower) the same outside dimensions as your hull, and hang some camo from it.

You can buy a bender for thinwall pretty cheap, or if you've got a buddy who does electrical work....ask him to bend it for you.

ST

SlimeTime said:
njredneck3 said:

I can relate to that (back problems). I used to have a small 2-man Bass Buggy, and the gal I was dating at the time was a fair-skinned redhead who burned easily. She happen to also enjoy fishing, so I used some electrical (thinwall) conduit to make my own bimini top using a blue tarp. You could make a "ring" (like the old bathtubs used that had a shower) the same outside dimensions as your hull, and hang some camo from it.

You can buy a bender for thinwall pretty cheap, or if you've got a buddy who does electrical work....ask him to bend it for you.

ST

If you wanted to do this and make it a knock down blind,you could use 90 degree bends and self tapping screws.Be good for storing while you're out fishing and keep the parts bungeed to the trailer for storage.

i found another great site for duck boat blinds
duckhunter.net look in the boat/blind forum ,I would think a scissor type blind on a boat that small would be perfect ,maybe do search for scissor duck blind and see what comes up on google etc,just had my aunt come over to modify my mudbuddy blind ,season right around the corner (I actually got my first goose saturday during urban season in Iowa)
have a great season and good luck with the blind

That boat looks small enough that you could modify a clam ice fishing shack to fit on it. If you made the top interchangeable then you would have an ice shack and a duck blind.

I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find my original response to this thread... then I noticed that you have two of the same thread going on here. :lol:

shadow said:
i found another great site for duck boat blinds
duckhunter.net look in the boat/blind forum ,I would think a scissor type blind on a boat that small would be perfect ,maybe do search for scissor duck blind and see what comes up on google etc,just had my aunt come over to modify my mudbuddy blind ,season right around the corner (I actually got my first goose saturday during urban season in Iowa)
have a great season and good luck with the blind

Good advice. The Refuge has a lot of talk about home built boat blinds. I've never seen one addressing a 10 footer, though. Pay no attention to the moderator by the same name from KY over there. He doesn't know what he is talking about. :lol:

Latest posts