Dyeguy's 1648 Mod- Pics Update... DONE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I originally planned on doing prior to the diamond plate, but there isn't much of a gap, and the texture pokes through the crappy home depot carpet.

Alright I got some priming done today, along with epoxying some holes, 5200ing the thru hulls (awesome verb creation), and I put in the bluewater LED's in the livewell. I'll post pics when the rest of the electrical is complete, for the full effect.

All systems go for this weekend. I'm hoping to have the decks in and carpeted by sunday, along with atleast one wall, because I need something to mount the throttle to. Didn't think about that before #-o

red... great minds think alike

I ordered them when there was that mini sale a month or so ago. Got two free 4 led strips in red too.. Ones going under my TM pedal to light the ring around the "go" button, and the other is going in the storage area under the front deck.

I can't believe how bright they are.. and as usual, the price was right.

Oh russ, I forgot to mention... a rivet came off my livewell for no apparent reason.. really.. it was just laying on the floor when I was installing the lights. And of course, it left a little hole to leak water... #-o Luckily I already had the 5200 out...

dang man.. you really should have sent that thing back in when you knew it wasn't what you ordered.

Don't get me started... [-X

What goes around comes around.. I'm just hoping it comes around in the form of a business failure... :twisted:

Phil, I got the 5200 from Home Depot. Seems to be the lowest price around.

By the way, the label says once its opened it will cure (in the tube) in 48 hours. I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm sure going to test it. I'm really hoping mine will last until the weekend when I finish the rest of my plumbing

dyeguy1212 said:
By the way, the label says once its opened it will cure (in the tube) in 48 hours. I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm sure going to test it. I'm really hoping mine will last until the weekend when I finish the rest of my plumbing

Use some stretchy electrical tape to seal the open end. I've never tried it with 5200, but I've gotten some pretty long life from silicone that way. Oh, first stick a long screw into the end, before taping. The screw can help you pull the cured plug of caulk out when you are ready to use it again.

I left one of mine open.. just cut the tip off and used it again. It took FOREVER for that stuff to set the second time I used it... but it finally did. I don't know how it will hold up, but I only used it to fill the holes where I put the livewell lights through the sides. I didn't want to open a new tube just for that.

The stuff says it takes 7 days to cure... 7 days?! I could do some research and make my own formula in my basement with that kind of time... :roll:

I don't get how the stuff in the tube will cure in 48 hours when the stuff exposed to the air takes 7 days :lol:

Oh.. some more news I forgot to mention.

The rustoleum spray bombs of camo kahki is the same color the boat is painted now. I think thats why I have such a chalk appearance below the waterline.. the guy painted it with that and then left it in the water all summer last year.

Considering my budget, I'm just going to sand the crap off and spray it down again prior to applying the camo stencil. That way I can touch if up easily and cheaply, because I loooove to ram into stuff.. on accident...

Well today just keeps getting worse... I'll skip to the part you guys care about... its supposed to rain/snow all weekend, and the garage is occupied by my brothers car that needs a new water pump. Now I'm sort of limited as to what I can get done.. which is basically anything I can do in the basement.

I carpeted majority of the console tonight. Need to cut the part the steering wheel will be mounted on, which will be two 1/2" pieces stacked on top of each other, but will only appear to be 1/2" thick wen mounted. I'll post pics to explain the idea after I get it done.

Here are a couple pics: (Note the top part that the fishfinder is sitting on is actually the bottom part of the front (so it will span from the bottom and middle 2x2's. I just put it on top to get a better feel of what it'll look like.

Attachments

• img516.jpg
    img516.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 822
  • img517.jpg
    img517.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 822
Snow held off until right now, so I got a bit done. I got the bow light and trolling motor plug wired and tested, and it all worked well.

Tied up some odds and ends that I've been meaning to do, like the carpeting pictured. I planned out the carpet job in my head, and this section of the recessed trolling motor tray would have to be carpeted before carpeting the deck, so I got that done. Sort of tricky getting it around the 2x4's, but it turned out good.

Right now I have the front deck in my basment, along with the walls of the dry storage, all waiting to be carpeted. That way the glue will dry properly, and I can stop freezing my *** off.

Attachments

• img520.jpg
    img520.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 815
  • img518.jpg
    img518.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 815
nice job so far. or future reference, walmart here carries self etching primer in the automotive section, not the paint section.

dyeguy1212 said:
Thanks... problem is.. I'm in the one town in America that has a Walmart over 45 minutes away :lol:

thats a good problem to have. where there is a walmart comes traffic, confusion and chaos.

Latest posts