Dyin2fish's 1983 Sea Nymph Bass Attacker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool boat. I have the 1986 model version but it looks just like this one. Question..... Did you replace any of the foam anywhere on the boat? If so, how did you get it out (especially on each side back by the motor underneath the rear deck) and what did you put in its place? How did you secure the gas tank to the boat? Again great job this has really inspired me to get mine done.

We took all the old foam out of the boat and replaced with swim noodles... approx. 100 noodles total. You can buy boxes of 50 at your local dollar store. It was pretty easy to get to the foam after stripping all the old wood decking You just have to keep breaking it up and digging out the small pieces. Easy, but time consuming. As far as the gas tank, it is secured with footman's loops screwed down to the new plywood and nylon straps.

Dyin2Fish said:
We took all the old foam out of the boat and replaced with swim noodles... approx. 100 noodles total. You can buy boxes of 50 at your local dollar store. It was pretty easy to get to the foam after stripping all the old wood decking You just have to keep breaking it up and digging out the small pieces. Easy, but time consuming. As far as the gas tank, it is secured with footman's loops screwed down to the new plywood and nylon straps.

Thanks for the reply! Matt

There is one battery up front under the large lid I use for the trolling motor. The other is in the back under the rear deck next to the cooler. They are both mounted in battery boxes secured to the deck with footman's loops and straps.

This was awesome I have an 84 bass attacker this gave me so many ideas but my main question is what all was involved in replacing your transom mine needs attention and it seem like it's gonna be a lot of riveting and removing

As far as replacing the transom, it was pretty east. Mine was totally rotted out, just had to remove top cap and dig out all the old wood and replace with 2 pieces of marine grade 3/4" plywood that we glued together. I'm not sure it was necessary, but we also linseed oil treated and fiberglass resin coated the new marine plywood before installing it. Screw it all back together using 3m 5200 marine sealant (lowes) in and around all penetrations. I used very thin gauge aluminum sheets to rebuild a new "top cap" over the transom. You will also need a hole cutter attachment for your drill to make new holes for your livewell drains. Main thing is to not be scared... everything is doable!

Sounds great really appreciate the advice this my first boat project so it's all a learning experience