E-Z slide pads.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do. I have a 12' jon and I use it in salt water so I don't put the trailer in the water since the boat/motor is so light. That way of course the trailer will last forever. I found that using the pads helps slide it on and off much easier. The back pads I extended slightly past the bunker and I use that part as the "Ramp" when pulling the boat up on the trailer. It also protects the carpet at the rear area. Prior to the pads I was constantly repairing/duct taping the carpet. Also with the pads I rarely use the winch. Well worth the money.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332537#p332537 said:
Vagante » 29 minutes ago[/url]"]I do. I have a 12' jon and I use it in salt water so I don't put the trailer in the water since the boat/motor is so light. That way of course the trailer will last forever. I found that using the pads helps slide it on and off much easier. The back pads I extended slightly past the bunker and I use that part as the "Ramp" when pulling the boat up on the trailer. It also protects the carpet at the rear area. Prior to the pads I was constantly repairing/duct taping the carpet. Also with the pads I rarely use the winch. Well worth the money.

Hey thanks for your input,

I also use my skiff in salt water most of the time. I put the pads on because I didn't want wet salt water carpet against the aluminum hull with no way to drain. I've seen it eat up an aluminum hull. I have 2 thick coats of steel flex on the bottom of the hull but I still didn't want to take any chances.

I also use my skiff in salt water most of the time. I put the pads on because I didn't want wet salt water carpet against the aluminum hull with no way to drain. I've seen it eat up an aluminum hull. I have 2 thick coats of steel flex on the bottom of the hull but I still didn't want to take any chances. [/i][/quote]

Haven't thought about that..........another benefit to using them. Thank for your input as well!!! =D>