electric anchor winch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njTom

Reaction score
Are they worth the money? any suggestions on brand? Size? I'm looking into buying one but not sure which one. I've looked at the minnkota deckhand,fisherman(BPS), and Trac brands and have seen mixed reviews, and difference in prices on them. I fish small lakes/ponds so no real current but do fight with the wind. What do you guys suggest for a Lowe L1448T?

Tom

For a boat that size in small ponds or lakes 9or just about anything but the ocean or the Great lakes) I would recommend that you spend that money elsewhere - unless you are anchoring in depths over 100 feet on a consistent basis you really have no need to an electric winch. Even on our big boats we use an anchor ball and only use a small electric winch to make storing the line faster.

Here is how to use an anchor ball correctly - again, only for deep water applications

https://southchathamtackle.com/How_To_Use_An_Anchor_Ball.htm

I used an Anchormate II for many years and was really happy with it. I just couldn't see the need for an electric version on my 1542.

you fish those jersey puddles ..... just get a double dutch jump rope and a bucket of sand off the beach you will plenty of line.

redbug said:
you fish those jersey puddles ..... just get a double dutch jump rope and a bucket of sand off the beach you will plenty of line.

LOL. I hear ya redbug. Our lakes are not that deep here in Jersey. I was just looking at getting one for the line storage and being able to just lower/raise at the push of a button. (lazy I know). I do have a mushroom anchor on 50ft of line, so maybe I will just pick up another for the back of the boat to keep me from circling in the wind. thanks to all for the advice.

Latest posts