Electric starting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis1022

Reaction score
I have a 1971 25Hp Evinrude 2 stroke. My question is can I get a switch for this motor, to make it a electric start. I don't mind using a transom mount steering instead of center console. I just have a hard time pulling the cord!
Thank You
Dennis

I believe that you can. Contact Evinrude and they will set you up with the kit. I have a 25 hp 'rude and it is electric start.

Contact Information
Product Related Questions
Parts Catalog 1-847-689-7090
Accessories 1-847-689-7090
Literature 1-847-689-7090

Order Questions
Call 877-412-7467 or email [email protected]

Capt.Ahab:
I seen on (www.go2marine.com ) they have a kit for this motor and it sells for $512.00 was 625.00. I just can't afford paying this much! How much do you think the cost will be? Another thing are they hard to convert over from pull to electric? Also I like to thank you for this information you have given me!
Thanks
Dennis

You can add electric start on your outboard from mostly used parts and a new solenoid. I have looked up the stuff to add to my 72 20hp Johnson. As long as your flywheel has the starter teeth, you will need a bracket (off like motor up to late'70), a starter (dont remember years), a Ford style starter switch, push button switch and some wireing. Check out https://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl/YaBB.pl?board=JE. Do some research on there for part interchange (year models and hp size). I found all my info there some time ago. Then watch ebay for the starter and bracket. Ive found them on there for less than $150.

SCCamper:
Thanks for getting this web site! Haven't gone all over it yet but I'm working on it!
But still talking the price kit is $500.00. I hope I can find cheaper kit or a sale somewhere!
Thank You
Dennis

Latest posts