Epoxy Resins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ram, I have used the US Composites Medium 3-1 Epoxy and it is a good product.

I believe that one of the one gallon kits would be more than enough to do what your are planning. I built a 12-foot by 5-foot wooden boat and only used 1-1/2 gallon of epoxy.

I would recommend you order the two pumps. It makes mixing the two parts so much easier. I bought and used both paint rollers (short nap) and very cheap paint brushes. Both were discarded after using.

Some cheap plastic tubs were handy to hold the epoxy mix while painting it on the plywood surface.

Epoxy goes a very long way!

Good luck,

Bill
Photos of the boat I built during construction.

Gypsy%20%20Photo%2034%20Bow%203%20skids%20.JPG

Gypsy%2009-27-07.JPG

Old Bill said:
Ram, I have used the US Composites Medium 3-1 Epoxy and it is a good product.

I believe that one of the one gallon kits would be more than enough to do what your are planning. I built a 12-foot by 5-foot wooden boat and only used 1-1/2 gallon of epoxy.

I would recommend you order the two pumps. It makes mixing the two parts so much easier. I bought and used both paint rollers (short nap) and very cheap paint brushes. Both were discarded after using.

Some cheap plastic tubs were handy to hold the epoxy mix while painting it on the plywood surface.

Epoxy goes a very long way!

Good luck,

Bill
Photos of the boat I built during construction.

Gypsy%20%20Photo%2034%20Bow%203%20skids%20.JPG

Gypsy%2009-27-07.JPG

Dude that boat rocks.

pbw said:
Dude that boat rocks.

pbw, the boat is a Harmonica designed by Jim Michalak.

Sadly, I got bored with the project, quick working on it, and then sold it to a gentleman who is adding the final touches. He has had it on the Wabash River in Illinois and is very pleased with it.

Here is a photo of the boat on the Wabash River:

https://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Gypsy%20Harmonica%20Wabash%20River.jpg

It's so much easier to start with an aluminum hull and modify it to meet our needs! :lol:

Bill

Latest posts