ever hit a wake so hard it dented the hull?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavy-chevy

Reaction score
well i did. one of those fancy wake boats, only had time to haul her down to about 25mph. the whole right front section dips in a few inches and two of the ridges are crumpled a little in the middle of what used to be the curve, now its about flat. I hammered it out good enough though so all is well. also ran out of gas and had to paddle back about a mile. didn't catch anything either. great day! lol.

it didn't seem too bad at the time, although it did go over the bow after the landing... im kind of used to banging around. didn't realize the damage until i got home. i normally can handle a decent wake at that speed, i just didn't realize how big this was until it was too late.

Just remember that aluminum work hardens, so bending it, then bending it back in place has significantly weakened it, so be careful in the future.....

dedawg1149 said:
thats a heck of a day :shock: but slow down [-X

yea come on man, hate to hear of it being worse off next time.

Just think of the force it took to bend the alluminum :shock:

Time to reinforce your bow (and everything else on the hull) to suit your driving style...or get into something a little more performance oriented.

Latest posts