Experiences with pods on a jet??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2070 alweld with 200 merc it's a flat bottom no tunnel in my opinion it would be silly to not have pods I float in 4-5 inches of water run on plane at speeds as low as 19-20 and top speed is 46 boat performs great floats in spit and can plane in about 10-12 " of water depth.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 1,868
I don't see why they wouldn't work on a blazer not much different than any other flat bottom. Unless it's under a warranty that they might adding them might void, if you want them I'd go for them. I'm gonna make some for my boat should draft less to help keep the foot out of harms way, and add some protection to sides of it to keep it from hitting crap.

handyandy said:
I don't see why they wouldn't work on a blazer not much different than any other flat bottom. Unless it's under a warranty that they might adding them might void, if you want them I'd go for them. I'm gonna make some for my boat should draft less to help keep the foot out of harms way, and add some protection to sides of it to keep it from hitting crap.
Blazer... warranty :lol: Ha that's funny.

handyandy said:
I didn't know I've seen plenty of them but have no personal experience with them to know.
Blazer doesn't sell directly to the public. They sell through dealers and pretty much once a dealer takes possession of them it's their baby.

I'm kicking around the idea of adding pods to my mud boat.

I'm in between doing that and riding this boat out for awhile or building a duck blind for it and selling it to one of these guys with more money than sense and got obsessed with Duck Dynasty.

The long tail I have is better suited for flat bottomed boats, but it functions fairly well on the mod V I have.

Decisions, decisions.

my boat is a older excel hull they primarily make mud boats. The long rake, mod v front to flat bottom it has works pretty well with the jet I have on it now. I want to make pods for it just to help it draft less when drifting, and help keep from squatting in the back as much when coming on plane when I have bit more load in it. Also figure they will help protect the motor from getting hit as much too.

Latest posts