Short boat float pods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have almost settled on either 8 foot or 10 foot jon boat because I'm a deep woods small lake fisherman and I notice the pods forsale mention 12 or 14 foot boats. Is there an option for smaller boats? I feel like those options I've seen for sale while they would provide plenty of flotation we'll take up too much transom space. Opinions or other options? I'm usually alone and miles from a road with no cell service so I'm trying to be safer.

I don't understand why you would need a pair of pods on a small jon. What's your reasoning?
I have a 12' jon with a 9.9 hp and it's easy to manhandle. I haven't wanted extra flotation for any reason I can think of. Just be sure not to overload the little tin boat and you should be good to go.

I don't understand why you would need a pair of pods on a small jon. What's your reasoning?
I have a 12' jon with a 9.9 hp and it's easy to manhandle. I haven't wanted extra flotation for any reason I can think of. Just be sure not to overload the little tin boat and you should be good to go.

I have almost settled on either 8 foot or 10 foot jon boat because I'm a deep woods small lake fisherman and I notice the pods forsale mention 12 or 14 foot boats. Is there an option for smaller boats? I feel like those options I've seen for sale while they would provide plenty of flotation we'll take up too much transom space. Opinions or other options? I'm usually alone and miles from a road with no cell service so I'm trying to be safer.
Rather than pods, they make a wrap around foam floatation unit that attaches to the hull. Only sticks out a few inches and they work. Can't think of the name but are similiar to what SportsPal canoes use.

Rather than pods, they make a wrap around foam floatation unit that attaches to the hull. Only sticks out a few inches and they work. Can't think of the name but are similiar to what SportsPal canoes use.
It’s called a boat collar but I was only able to locate a company in aus. That sold them so making one myself good luck

Latest posts