Farthest you have been in your tin boat ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we have a place on lay lake here in alabama, our place in about in the middle (upper and lower dam) near wilsonville steam plant. I think it's about 25 miles either way? I used to go through 4 6gallon tanks in a day...with a 25 horse 1852? commercial fishing flatbottom (trotlining) Good thing we own a gas station...lol :wink:

Many years ago(1966), i TOOK MY FIRST BOAT..16' CYPRESS skiff from mobile Al to Port St Joe Fla on the intercoastal water way. 9.8 Merc, homemade shelter. Took 3 weeks to make the round trip. I was only 16 at the time and Dad said "OK son, use your head". A far different time back then, I met some great people and fished some great waters.

Last June, the wife and I made a loop out of Bayou la Batre Al to fish some wrecks and Dauphin Islands west end oil rigs. Whole trip burnt 8 gals of fuel. Maybe 35 miles total. We were trying to fish but they did not get the message.

Frank

As a lot of you have seen, I mainly fish the Biloxi Marsh. A average trip is 60 miles total. During a Redfish Tournament, we ran almost 130 miles in my 14' Alweld. Say what you want, but I LOVE my 4 -stroke. I get 80-90 miles GPS on 6 gallons of gas running wide open. I couldn't get half the milage out of my two stroke.

In October, my wife and I took a vacation down too Homosassa Springs, FL and we were running about 25 miles a day flats fishing. We only filled up once in 7 days.

Our longest non-stop run on a lake was about 15-17 miles(one way) at KY Lake.I try to put in close to where I'm going to be fishing.I will surpass that distance this May,when my partner and I make a 23mi run during our tournament.We usually don't go more than 3-4 miles away,as the Harbor Hop(all the big boats are out@Lake of the Ozarks) is that weekend.I found two nice spawnning flats last year that we are going to strafe.Our usual ares have become stagnant.This year ought to be interesting.The last time we made that trip in '98or'99,I had a rattletrap stuck in my ankle for about 10 miles.We were in 3-4ft rollers so I wasn't about to let go,if you know what I mean.
The farthest we have run on the river is about 11mi upstream.I always run up stream ,then float back down while fishing.

10 miles is probably the farthest I have ran in my boat if that. I am going to install a 12 gallon fuel tank in her this winter though so I'll be able to run farther this year! :mrgreen:

Five miles on a river/resevore. Long and narrow, less than a 1/4 mile wide in most places.

Latest posts