Father's Day...*elusive Pentax Optio

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
So I had written a report earlier and went to grab the mouse and hit the back shortcut button and lost it all so this is short:

Woke up early(5:00AM) on Sunday to get the yak out, my first time out with it all year. The water was super high but I managed a 15"er (largemouth) that was blitzing on some fry against a high bank. I tossed a Speed Craw in about 5-8 times and then a 4" Senko another 5 times when he finally took that. I was reeling back slowly and felt the slightest bit of weight and set it. He pulled some drag and jumped a couple times. Quite a fighter for a 2lb bass! That was my only one and I was home by 10:30AM for quality family time.

So once again I have no clue where my camera is.

I also learned that I do indeed hate fluro on baitcasters, it was springing off my Revo spool with reckless abandon. I thought I'd give it one more shot but again, no thanks. I brought a backup baitcaster just in case, an old Curado(101b) with 12lb mono. That reel felt so good I just might sell the Revo.

what brand of fluoro was you using on the revo? I've got the skeet revo spool with 20# Seguar Red Label.. I like it, but I don't like the 20#.. I'm going to stick with 15# from now on.

I did try out that new ParaHelium line.. in 20# as well on one of my best rods/reels.. That line is awesome, but it's not as sensitive as 100% fluoro.. might try it in 15# as well.

There is absolutely no memory on it, and it casts a 3/16 spot remover a mile, even to be 20# line