Favorite buzz bait(s)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Gelesh

Reaction score
Anyone got a favorite buzzer they recommend? I was a hardcore buzzer when I started fishing lm bass in high school. Any baits I have purchased as of late have been mediocre at best. :cry:

Thanks,

bART

I don't use buzzbaits a whole lot but the ones that I do have I just purchased at our local WM and they seem to work just fine. I love a good topwater bait but you gotta admit,theres nothin like a good ole spinnerbait!! :D

I tend to like smaller buzzbaits, typically the terminator tiny-t buzz and booyah pond magic buzzbaits are my main choices. As for big buzzbaits I like the secret weapon lures buzzbaits.

BB-210-916.jpg

I am going to try these this year. They have a strong loyal following around here because they run true out of the box and cause huge commotion. Its a confidence thing also.

https://www.persuaderamerican.com/buzz-doublebuzzer.html

Jim your link isnt workin, i dont use them that often, but when i do i like strike king, they do often need a little tweaking tho. normally i just remove the prop and make the holes where wire goes thru bigger.

I've only used two different types: Jim's and a Booya. The only time I caught anything on the Booya was when a little bass hit it before I could even reel in enough line to get it buzzing. Jim's caught me fish every time I used it, and then it got too cold for topwater.

I have some very rare and now out of production PC Baits Buzz Baits - only use them for smallies in the river, but they worked great.

BTW - buzz baits are super annoying if someone else is using them where you are trying to use soft plastics!

esquired said:
I have some very rare and now out of production PC Baits Buzz Baits - only use them for smallies in the river, but they worked great.

BTW - buzz baits are super annoying if someone else is using them where you are trying to use soft plastics!
I agree esquired!! I even get annoyed using them :)

slim357 said:
Jim your link isnt workin, i dont use them that often, but when i do i like strike king, they do often need a little tweaking tho. normally i just remove the prop and make the holes where wire goes thru bigger.

Fixed! (stupid extra period at the end)

Oh the cavitron! The magical cavitron! I tried to keep this buzzbait a secret for 2 years now. Good thing most of you guys live in NJ and not IN. :D The cavitron is unlike any other buzzbait you will ever use! Every color works as long as it's black! I actually was shown this lure by the biggest cane poller I know. It would have to be something pretty special in order for me to change to another buzzbait!

Also when you are fishing a spot and idiots come and stand next to you using a huge buzz bait on a uglystick and is whipping it right past your head and reeling it incredibly fast. The only reaction strike that bait was going to get was a reaction punch from me to their head for blowing up my spot.

jkbirocz said:

Also when you are fishing a spot and idiots come and stand next to you using a huge buzz bait on a uglystick and is whipping it right past your head and reeling it incredibly fast. The only reaction strike that bait was going to get was a reaction punch from me to their head for blowing up my spot.

LMFAO! Been there done that on both ends.

jkbirocz said:

Good thing for that guy that the spots sucked, had we been catching I think we both woudl have jumped him that day! True story, some weirdo steps right between Jake and myself (we were about 15 apart casting at some lily pads) and begins whipping a huge buzz bait - all you could hear was zinnnng (as he casted) and Zurrrrrr (as he retrieved as fast as possible). We had both agreed that this spots was not producing and were still fishing as we decided where to try next. It was comically sad, but hey, just about all of my fishing trips are comically sad.

I believe that we saw the infamous Winnie the Poo guy that same day - Bonus!!

Looks as if the Cavitron is where it's at, never tried it but I am intrigued. I have had some success with the small terminator buzzer in white but nothing to alert the press about.

After absorbing all this testimonial I promise to buzz responsibly! :wink:

I guess I'll have to check out this cavitron. I love fishing with buzzbaits. I have seen them before but didn't feel like buying one since I never really heard of it. Do they make a smaller buzzbaits, because I like to fish with smaller frame buzzbaits for river smallies. For LM, most of the lakes I fish, a buzz frog is a much more effective over a normal buzzbait.....I cannot wait till it is warm enough to catch a fish on a buzzbait :x