Finally Caught fish..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugpac

Reaction score
Caught 3 today, with the largest in the photo at 4.3, crazy thing is i caught it on a chartreuse wild eye swimbait, ripping it back to the shore, Hit right at the shore in about 10" of water.. Others were on a rattle trap ripping it, and a fish head spin with a fluke trailer dyed chartreuse..

Attachments

• 044 [640x480].jpg
    044 [640x480].jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 317
Way to go BP! My first one of the year was also a 4 pounder. Great way to start the year =D> Where were you fishing?

Poolie, A local private lake..

Water temps i am guessing were about 53, we fished from the bank today so we didnt check, they were chasing tho, My fishing partner Anthony caught one close to 4, one about 11" and a 1.4 crappie...

well... I had to go back to Acworth today to redeem myself after the skunk... only caught one fish, but........

acwort6lb31410.jpg

it was just over 6 pounds....

russ010 said:
well... I had to go back to Acworth today to redeem myself after the skunk... only caught one fish, but........

WTG! That looks like you were down on the point between the ramp and shallow end or were you farther to the shallow? I know the channel runs through there and always thought that would be a good spot to hang into one.

Bugpac said:
Poolie, A local private lake..

Water temps i am guessing were about 53, we fished from the bank today so we didnt check, they were chasing tho, My fishing partner Anthony caught one close to 4, one about 11" and a 1.4 crappie...

The private 20 acre lake I was on yesterday was 50.5 degrees on the shallow end where springs feed the lake and 52.5 degrees at the dam. I image you were in about the same.

poolie said:
russ010 said:

WTG! That looks like you were down on the point between the ramp and shallow end or were you farther to the shallow? I know the channel runs through there and always thought that would be a good spot to hang into one.

ummm... I think that is where you are talking about. I actually caught it further in towards the back of that pocket pitching to trees and grass... this one came out of around 3', but it was way up inside a tree. Luckily I was pitching with braid, otherwise he would be a goner the way he wrapped me up in the tree

Hey bug - Nice fish by the way - forgot to finish typing that in the first post == oh, and I'm not hijacking your thread. There were a lot of pigs caught here this weekend

Got out again tonight, managed a 3lber or so, a definite 6.1 weighed it, and one just over 12" also caught 4 crappie, all hitting a rattle trap burning it back...

Good to see you start catching fish. I got a tourney sunday and I am feelin pretty good. My partner and I practiced last sunday and caught a few. I got one 3 - 3.5 and he got a couple about 2 - 2.5. They all came back to back and then we left em alone so maybe they'll be there this sunday. When we fishing again Bug????

gunny146 said:
Good to see you start catching fish. I got a tourney sunday and I am feelin pretty good. My partner and I practiced last sunday and caught a few. I got one 3 - 3.5 and he got a couple about 2 - 2.5. They all came back to back and then we left em alone so maybe they'll be there this sunday. When we fishing again Bug????

Soon, Next weekend is a busy weekend for me, Race on saturday, so ill be there from 7:00 am till 11:00 pm, Kinda kills the weekend, This weekend I am fishing both days from the same place i have been, I see a 10lber in the future.. Thought it was gonna bite tonight :) I am 99% confident saturday or sunday i will be posting my new pb, Which if i recall is 6.7 right now...