Finally got a chance to get out last evening.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigUn

Reaction score
Totals were 5 bass and one pretty nice walleye of about 19 inches or so. Caught the walleye on a Rapala X Rap jerk bait. All my bass (3) were on black / blue jig&pig with #11 pork frog. Wife caught her 2 bass on plastic worms. Took our night lights and fished till about 11:00 or so and they just STOPPED. So, we did too. Home by about 12:30. Water was 68* and stained. Sorry I didn't get any pics, but the dummy left his digi cam at home! Had a throw away 35m/m in the boat but will have to wait for development.

Black/Blue #11-A 2 color pork frog, on a 5/16oz. Stanley jig! And Slim. they were all in 10 ft or less. Last night was the first trip out for the new Sufix fluorescent Neon Fire Braided line. In a nut shell, IT SUCKS! I like braid. I like Sufix braid. But I bought this braid because they said it was fluorescent and would show up good in my black light for night fishing. This stuff is a bright orange and when it got more than 5 or 6 feet away from the black light, it disapeared into the night just as if it were their old green line. Useless for night fishing. Good line otherwise but would rather have the green for daytime use. Getting a strike on braid with a jig or worm is like running over a brick with your lawn mower! There is NO DOUBT in your mind as to what just happened.

BigUn said:
Black/Blue #11-A 2 color pork frog, on a 5/16oz. Stanley jig! And Slim. they were all in 10 ft or less. Last night was the first trip out for the new Sufix fluorescent Neon Fire Braided line. In a nut shell, IT SUCKS! I like braid. I like Sufix braid. But I bought this braid because they said it was fluorescent and would show up good in my black light for night fishing. This stuff is a bright orange and when it got more than 5 or 6 feet away from the black light, it disapeared into the night just as if it were their old green line. Useless for night fishing. Good line otherwise but would rather have the green for daytime use. Getting a strike on braid with a jig or worm is like running over a brick with your lawn mower! There is NO DOUBT in your mind as to what just happened.

Man oh man! I cant wait! 8)

Latest posts