Finally got the boat,motor and trailer together/pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobeb

Reaction score
Here is my 2003 1436 crestliner/2004 cont trailer/2013 20hp 4stroke efi suzuki.

The motor in brand new.
Trailer has new tires,rims,complete bunks with hardware,front jack,all new rollers,new front support rollers,new wiring,new lights.
Boat is as is/was in great shape and water tight when i got it.Now i'm ready to finally go fishing this monday.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 609
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 609
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 609
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 609
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    981.7 KB · Views: 609
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 609
congrats, I have the same motor on a 14ft alumacraft, put lots of hours on it this summer, always ran great and started within 2 pulls always! enjoy

What kind of top end did you get?I hope this motor doesn't dissapoint.I'm a hefty guy but i can't see how this boat with 2 people and gear won't do anything under 23 to 25mph.I was getting near 21mph with a 15hp 2stroke so i know this 20hp has to have a little more emmphh,get up and go.

It's an electric start to.I'm going to start my breakin monday.I'm not saying i'm right but i'm going to do a short breakin,a few hrs.Imo i don't think it needs a long breakin like it calls for,plus the most impt part of the breakin is the first hr to seal the rings,doing an easy breakin won't do that,it needs to be opened up some,hammered in shorts bursts to seal the rings right.

I have owned 5 brand new outboards and have never even broke them in,just warmed up out of the box for 10min then away i go,not beating it to death just driving it normally.None of them ever had an issue and the people i sold them to yrs ago still tell me they run just as good as the day i had it.Look at it this way,how many times do we break in a new car,i have alot of new cars and have never broke in a car,a 4stroke outboard is just like a car motor,runs and has the same type of parts,marine tolerant of course.I know they run at higher rpms but they are built to run hard.Babying an outboard is the worst thing you can do out of the box.I'm ready to go monday and breakin the rings on a nice freshwater lake.

Btalling did you have an issue with your motor over reving because the prop was to small,that seems to be a common issue with this motor.All the people that own this motor say it's got so much power that it will over rev itself due to the small prop.Most people went to an 11pitch prop and now they have a 12pitch for it to but it's a ss prop.

That is a good issue if you ask me.If it's that powerful for a small outboard that is just awesome.I just started the motor yesterday for the first time since i had it,It ran a bit rough but i expect that with any new motor,as it breaks in it should get smoother and smoother,it was started before i got it from the company for the pdi(pre delivery inspection)I fig that out when i saw gas in the fuel filter.I'm going monday to my local lake to do a nice one day or 2 day breakin,I want to go out in the gulf here in fl but 2 massive cold fronts are coming back to back and the wind is going to be howling at 20-30mph,not where i want to be in this boat,lol.

Well i have a hand held gps and i'm going to take down wot speeds,i'm guessing i should get at least 23-25mph or better with 2 people and all my gear,plus my big butt is going to lose 100lbs so as i do that i'm sure i will gain a bit more speed,lol.The only bad thing with this boat is it has very little room,you get a cooler,plus all my poles(4)then safety gear,bait bucket,net,etc...you run out of room in a hurry.I put 6 rod holders on my cooler,it's so cool,i will take a pic of the boat loaded.