First boat mod, am I safe adding a livewell??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a $100 livewell:

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0001512012757a&navCount=0&podId=0001512&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=livewell%20cabellas&cm_ite=netcon

Judging by it's size, it wouldn't be too hard to remove the center seat (or part of it), mount the livewell (insulating it wouldn't be a bad idea either), and covering it with wood to regain the use of the seat.

ST

SlimeTime said:
Here's a $100 livewell:

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0001512012757a&navCount=0&podId=0001512&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=livewell%20cabellas&cm_ite=netcon

Judging by it's size, it wouldn't be too hard to remove the center seat (or part of it), mount the livewell (insulating it wouldn't be a bad idea either), and covering it with wood to regain the use of the seat.

ST

You sir, are a genius!!

I'll have some more pictures up tommorrow evening, got all the electrical rough-run last night, and will start the framing when I get home this evening.
As an aside, has anyone used the Arm & Hammer waterproofing available at Wal-Mart??
It seems to be about the same mess as Thompson's water seal, but at least at my Wally World, it's more readily available.

Quite a bit of work was accomplished over the weekend.
I've decided to go with all wood framing, as aluminum just proved to expensive for my budget.

Part of the mods will be to clean up the wiring, and I've decided to route all controls to the helm, where all switches will be mounted here
cont_panel.JPG

And that, will be placed where the wires are hanging out here
helm.JPG

Some other improvements include the following
fron_batt_box.JPG
front_hatch_batt_box_2.JPG
front_hatches.JPG
rear_hatches.JPG
front_hatch_batt_box.JPG

Looks like it's coming right along! Be sure to take lots of pics & keep us updated!

ST

I'm liking your work so far! I'm modding out a jon too, so I love seeing the work in progress. I'm hoping maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of what I'm starting with, and what I'm doing. Most guys seem to want to make a bass boat, but I think mine's gonna be a crappie and cat boat primarily :)

baptistpreach said:
Most guys seem to want to make a bass boat, but I think mine's gonna be a crappie and cat boat primarily :)

Welcome BP! I think it's as much for storage as anything. I'm with you though, hard to beat a nice crappie boat :wink: Post-up some pics of your boat & the mods.

ST

SlimeTime said:
baptistpreach said:
Most guys seem to want to make a bass boat, but I think mine's gonna be a crappie and cat boat primarily :)

Welcome BP! I think it's as much for storage as anything. I'm with you though, hard to beat a nice crappie boat :wink: Post-up some pics of your boat & the mods.

ST

Nice crappie boat?What's crappie about it? :LMFAO: That's gonna be a crappie killer.No need to ask whats fur supper.The anwser is crappie. :LOL2:

I don't care what anyone says.The boat is what catches fish. [-( :LOL22:

baptistpreach said:
I'm liking your work so far! I'm modding out a jon too, so I love seeing the work in progress. I'm hoping maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of what I'm starting with, and what I'm doing. Most guys seem to want to make a bass boat, but I think mine's gonna be a crappie and cat boat primarily :)
welcome aboard i am looking foward to see your crappie boat nothing like a mess of specks