fish finder for $70-$80

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spend the extra $$ and get a Garmin 140. I bought mine for $100 on amazon.com, and I love it!!!!. IT has everything you need in a basic fishfinder. It had the depthfinder/fishfinder/temperature on it. you can set the gain, scroll speed, you can set it to display arcs or fish symbols, and the screen lights up.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Fishf...8AWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287936305&sr=8-1

515hiLaMM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

392036314.jpg

Fish finder???? Really! Mine hasn't found a fish since I first used it....Seriously they are depth finders for $70 or $80 dollars. You want to read fish of a screen you'll have to spend a whole lot more than that. My buddy has one that side scans, GPS, weather but it won't get the Phillies game. It has better screen resolution than my TV. I'd look into a Eagle Cuda either a 620 or 820. Been using them for 10 years now with one minor problem, and Eagle sent me a replacement with two days. They stand behind there product. I only use it for depth and locating structure and water temperature. Cuda will show some fish on the screen if its accurate who knows. But they are around $80 for there better one. I highly recommend them. I'm a fishing guide and I use them every day. Let me know what you got and how you like it.

Buy a Humminbird, the PMax (Piranha Max) series will show you little fish icons when it detects fish under or around the boat, you can change it to arches once you figure out how to use a Fish Finder. Get the version with the dual cone, 20 degree and 60 degree. The 60 degree realy expands the viewing area. It will also have water temp, and you cna adjust just about everything. the smaller units only read up to 800 feet deep or so, no biggy around here, there isnt anything more than 100' deep.

dixie_boysles said:
spend the extra $$ and get a Garmin 140. I bought mine for $100 on amazon.com, and I love it!!!!. IT has everything you need in a basic fishfinder. It had the depthfinder/fishfinder/temperature on it. you can set the gain, scroll speed, you can set it to display arcs or fish symbols, and the screen lights up.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Fishf...8AWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287936305&sr=8-1

515hiLaMM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

392036314.jpg

Academy has the Garmin 140's for $69.88 according to their website. I'm going to get one tomorrow.

Latest posts