Fishin' w/ Taylor and a big one!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
After two days of fireworks and family it was time to hit the water again! My daughter wanted to tag along so we left for the lake at about 6:15am.

Had to stop for some snacks at the gas station:
May112011001.jpg

Was greeted by a beautiful lake at arrival... although the fish were tough to figure out arrived at 7am and didn't get the first bite until 9am. Fish were very active chasing bait, but I couldn't get them to bite anything and we threw the tackle box at em! Finally put on a 5" stick bait wacky style and it was on. Fished to 11am and I ended up with 5 and Taylor caught her first ever bass on a rubber bait!!

Lake when we launched:
May112011002.jpg

First fish of the day:
May112011003.jpg

Taylor's stick bait fish... her first I'm a proud dad :mrgreen: :
May112011004.jpg

They started to get better:
May112011007.jpg

Big one hit right before we packed up and headed back to the ramp about 10:50.... Taylor was so excited she wanted to hold it it too :lol: Just about 21" no weight as my scale batteries are dead come to find out. Was a fun fight on spinning rod w/ 8lb test:

May112011008.jpg

May112011009.jpg

Finally Taylor's reward for being such a trooper till we figured the fish out:
May112011010.jpg

FishingCop said:
Great pics Joe, looks 'ile it was a great time and lots of fun. :D

Sure was... it was more exciting watching Taylor catch her fish then it was bringing in the nice one.. definitely a memorable day :mrgreen:

Great Pics Joe,

Congrats to Taylor on her first soft plastic bass =D>

I bet there will be more in her future!

Very cool. I really cannot wait for my little girl to be big enough to start heading out to the lake with me... It is one of the things I am looking forward to the most as a father.