Fishing July 29

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Reaction score
Took the kids out for some fishing. My wife and I in one boat, my daughter and her boyfriend in my other boat.. We've been catching some small redeyes, blue gill, and a few tiny small mouth bass.
I've been seeing some nice size smallies and spotted bass. So I tie on a white spinner bait. We were fishing along side each other and just for meanace, I casted over my daughters line (knowing that she would be realed in before me) but she didn't know that. But anyways, on that very cast..

BAM!!!! set the hook, drag zinging, I thaught what the crap have I got... After a few tense moments I see the beast...
FISHINGJULY29044.jpg

After that little show it made ANOTHER run!!
FISHINGJULY29041.jpg

After about 20 minutes of wearing myself and the fish out, it came up along side the boat.
FISHINGJULY29045.jpg

After several attempts of trying to get ahold of it without getting the buisness end of the teeth, I finally got it!
FISHINGJULY29047.jpg

FISHINGJULY29050.jpg

41 1/2 inch Muskie!! Guessing the weight to be around 15 lbs.

I'd like to thank My daughter for getting some AWESOME pics!!!

RELEASED TO FIGHT AGAIN!!!
Sorry no pics of the release....

That is great - was it on the New River?

I fished the New River last year with the Great Shizzy - no muskie but we had a blast catching smallies

Here is one from a New River float trip
DSC003741.JPG

Captain Ahab said:
That is great - was it on the New River?

I fished the New River last year with the Great Shizzy - no muskie but we had a blast catching smallies

Here is one from a New River float trip
DSC003741.JPG

Yes, it was the New River. I can almost throw a rock in the river from my house. And nice catch!

Did you guys have a guide, or did you go at it on your own? Was that spring time?

Jim said:
Andy said:
. FYI, the state record is 45lbs 8 oz...
Imagine that at the end of your line! :shock:

Well, for someone who doesn't know how to swim, on board of a little jon boat trying to fight a moster like that, what a scary idea....

Now, once you get the fish on board, how to you calm it down so that it will stop flaping and moving...

SVNET said:
Well, for someone who doesn't know how to swim, on board of a little jon boat trying to fight a moster like that, what a scary idea....

Now, once you get the fish on board, how to you calm it down so that it will stop flaping and moving...

I was sitting down wrestling with it to measure it.
Other than that, you hurry up and get rid of that mutha!!!! LOL

Latest posts