Fishing Report Nort Alabama

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintcreek

Reaction score
Got to go out last Friday with my Brother, my 2 sons and a friend of theirs. On the Elk River which is a tributary of the Tennessee River. We had some fun, the Catfish were biting and then we tied into some Stripe Bass.....it seems fishing is red hot here right now. Great day...Hope the pictures post. I had been going out for a couple of hours on Saturday mornings by myself and Bass fishing and doing well, sorry no pictures. Maybe this Saturday.

P.S. We probably threw back as many or more than we kept. All of these were promised for a fish fry at Church coming up soon.

Thanks Jim, it was alot of fun, especially since I had most of the family there enjoying it also. I spent alot of time just sitting back and watching my boys catch fish. I am working on trying to downsize a few pictures so I can post them, hopefully this works.....Sold my Stratos Bass Boat last year and bought this rig with the motor not running the next day, hopefully this winter I will have time to fix it up. Not even going to think about right now, it is time to fish. Elkriver2.jpg

Hey Flatcreek, is that the Hwy 72 bridge in the background of that picture? I've got some pictures of me in my boat at the Elk river ramp that is on the NW side of the river there. If I could only find them...

Mike

Mike, That sure is the Hwy. 72 Bridge in the background. I don't show that picture at work, I have another where I edited out the bridge. We caught every one of those fish on the rock bluffs North of Hwy 72 within sight of the bridge. Catfishing should be excellent along those bluffs next to the channel for the next couple of weeks. Now I am trying to plan a trip to Guntersville, it is the right time to catch some big bass on top water over the grass mats. I think it may be time to take a vacation day or two.

Tight Lines....Flintcreek

Latest posts