flasher switch, what is this for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hookedontronics

Reaction score
I have an 88 bass tracker tournamanet tx and in in the midst or re-wiring it. This is my first boat aside from a kayak or canoe.

What is the flasher button for? Thank you

hookedontronics said:
okay cool, how does it work and what else is it hooked up to?
I'll ditch it all
At one time it was probably set up to turn power on/off to a FF similar to this one.
https://www.cabelas.com/portable-sonars-flashers-humminbird-ice-8482-35-flasher-1.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02633280&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=14B05126-6CF4-E111-BA78-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=22730370191&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=43606454831

most of its probally already out. its only the transducer gauge and switch. trandsducer is huge bigger than a hockey puck just follow the wires and cut away

it was more than likely replaced or removed long ago by a previous owner. every fish finder has its own transducer. when u put the new on u take the old off. or when the old dies some will take it off too. maybe he kept it when he sold it. could also be expoyed to in ur bilge area too. as long as its not on the transom i wouldnt care . it would just be cleaner to cut all the wires and stuff out. most used boats will come with stuff cut out and old sections of it intact. they might cut the wires they see or the ones that bug them or they just didnt like the color of it who knows with some people