Floor covering other than carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll can tell ya vinyl is not slip resistant or cool on the feet, have it on my North River that I use on the Colorado River in the AZ desert,,, on a 110* day you can fry in egg in minute,,, its lite gray color,,, put some catfish slime on top and its like walking on ice,, ended up buying some rubber backed rugs from wall mart put them on top,,,

on my g3 put foam down between the rib with a fiberglass sheet on top with with entry door mat from Lowes on top of that,,nothing is fastened down,,,makes for a quick easy clean out of the boat,,, can pull it all out and put it back in a few minutes,,cool, no slip, and very quiet

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_4653.JPG
    IMG_4653.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 780
The talk about vinyl being hot is giving me second thoughts, but I'll still likely go with vinyl when I replace the worn carpet on my Klamath.

I guess the question is, is this like a linoleum type product? Is it stiff and therefore might be hard to wrap around corners without bunching up, or is it pretty easy to get professional looking corners and cutout areas (like hatches etc)? Thanks

1lhorn said:
The talk about vinyl being hot is giving me second thoughts, but I'll still likely go with vinyl when I replace the worn carpet on my Klamath.

I guess the question is, is this like a linoleum type product? Is it stiff and therefore might be hard to wrap around corners without bunching up, or is it pretty easy to get professional looking corners and cutout areas (like hatches etc)? Thanks
I got my sample today. Its stiff, but not like linoleum quite. I think it would make good edges over bends but not sure about corners unless you overlapped. Hatches should be fairly simple to do if you know how to do them in carpet.

i just put some stuff nearly identical to hydroturf in my boat, & it turned out great. stuff is called blacktip jetsports & i got it off amazon. $65 shipped for a 39"x78" piece with the glue already on it. feels exactly like hydroturf & sticks just as good as the seadek samples i got, maybe better. looks like it would do well over a sharp angle if you use a heat gun & some patience. i didn't order enough to run it up the sides or i would have. there's more in my build thread, but here's a few pictures:
image2.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ding dang I feel like an idiot now. Just ordered a sheet of hydroturf last Friday for $144 shipped and I'll need another sheet when I decide to do my flooring!!!! $40 of that was adhesive backing!

Latest posts