Flounderhead's Friday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Got out later than I wanted because I believed the weather forecast saying rain overnight and into the morning. Ended up launching about 5:20. Beautiful day and water conditions. Too bad I left the camera and my sunglasses in the truck. Went straight out to 60 FOW South of the harbor. Worked out to 70 and back to 40 and back out again. Set 2 dipseys with flies and spin doctors and an SWR with a Hey Baby spoon. SWR hooked up with about a 5-6 pounder that came unbuttoned 20' from the boat. That was it for a while. went all the way to 90 FOW and decided to try North and closer in. Went to change some color combos on the dipseys and when I tossed the green fly with my white spin doctor I noticed right away they I didn't attach it to my dipsey. Bye-bye it went. Replaced the white Spin Doctor with a white Pro-Troll E-Chip flasher. Had just set the SWR and while I was setting my dipsey rod, my wife called to see how it was going. I told her I had lost the one fish and she said "That's, ok, you'll get another one". Hung up and put the Dipsey rod in the holder and saw the SWR go off. Landed this one, a 4 lb King. Stayed in the 40-50 FOW range north of the stacks and picked up a chunky 6 lb Coho on the dipsey with the E-Chip and lost one more BIG fish on the SWR. Never got more that one color on the reel before he spit the hook at me. Was most definitely bigger than the Coho.

SWR w/Hey Baby 25' down 1-3
Dipsey White E-Chip w/green fly 1-1
Dipsey Green Spin Dr. w/glow fly 0-0

normal_june_27002b.JPG

I never realized how much I use my left thumb until I tried changing baits yesterday. I am right handed but when I open the snap swivels I use my left thumb and after the cat attack I can't put much pressure on the end of it. I managed though