Follow up ?: What style of tackle box do YOU prefer & why?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arkansasnative said:
FishyItch said:
I just recently upgraded from an older Plano Guide Series with three removable 3700's to a Plano Fishouflage bag very similar to this one...

4486%20%5B320x200%5D.jpg

Not only is it fishouflage, which is sweet, but I got it at Wal-Mart for $30 and it included 4 3700's plastic boxes. Each of those goes for about $6 so really the bag was only $6 itself! And the best part, I've got more room so now I can buy more stuff!

My girlfriend just got me one of these for my birthday and i like it but im probably just going to remove the plastic boxes and use the whole thing to carry all of my soft plastics and keep everything else in my BPS backpack.

Right now I've only got 3 of the 3700's full and the fourth is empty. I don't fish a lot of plastics (but my goals is to get into this year) so I think I'm just going to re-purpose an old 3700 and try to cut out the permanent dividers and keep my plastics in that.

I keep my gear in a larger softbag by xps and bps. Hold a ton of plano style boxes. I have 3 plano and 3 falcon boxes and there is still room. This bag is great also has a rigging tray that unzips from the side and also has some room for worm bags

bags all the way i have several, i have 2 that stay in the boat all the time, one of wich is like a panic bag during the local tournamnets, if i can't seem to buy a keeper i go to that bag then i have another that has a assortment of what i use for every trip, wich i can take if i go with someone!!!!!!!

I STILL USE THE OLD PLASTIC BOXES I HAVE 6 OR SEVEN DIFF ONES. 1 I KEEP IN THE BOAT HAS ALL THE USUAL STUFF TERMINAL TACKEL HOOKS AND THE LATTER, THE OTHERS I HAVE SET UP TO BE SPECIES SPECIFIC, 1 FOR WALLEYE, 1 FOR BASS, ETC ETC. ALL MY SOFT PLASTICS ARE IT A SOFT SIDED COOLER, I DONT REALY TAKE EVERYTHIGN WITH ME ANYMORE JUST TOO MUCH CRAP TO HAUL AROUND

I use an Artbin double deep. It is made for art supplies and I have to go to a hobby store to get them but it makes a good box for hard swimbaits because of it's size. Since swimbaits are 75% of what I carry with me it works great for me along with a smaller flat box for hooks, sinkers, etc.

i just use a backpack with 4 plano lure containers. i use the front pouch to hold any tools or accessories im carrying, and i put my soft plastics that are still in the bags inside of pencil holders you can get at walmart. the side pockets i use for my line and stringer. =P~

BaitCaster said:
In addition to my Cabela's Magnum Bag I also use this Plano Bill Dance tackle box, but strictly for my salmon/steelhead tackle.
i have almost the same box for my steelhead/salmon gear,its a plano about 8 years old. must be a canadian thing.

I got a tactical backpack from Lapolice gear for 30 bucks and use plano boxes. I bring the boxes that I'm going to use. No use to bring the stripper and sturgeon boxes to get bass or trout. I want to get a backpack that bps use to sell from browning that was made for Plano boxes, But they don't sell them any more. My buddy has one.

I think it really depends on what you're doing--are you fishing from a boat or from shore? Are you bait fishing or using artificial lures or both? I've been a bank fisherman until recently and found that the bigger the box I carried the less water I was covering. I don't want to carry something in one hand that keeps me from fishing as a go. I started using a backpack with several plano boxes of varying sizes and it worked really well for me. I do a lot of wading and the backpack means that I can cast and carry without too much inconvenience. The only problem I had was storing buzzbaits and big spinner baits. It was always hard to find a plano box that could store those without a tangled hassle getting them out.

I'm about to re-try a huge Plano Guide Series box with 4 big drawers and a lot of top storage for freshwater use on my tin boat. I tried it for saltwater and decided it took up too much space. There's actually more open floor on my tin, and I probably spend less time in there on freshwater. For saltwater, I'm using 3 Plano 1349 satchels. 1 has terminal tackle/hooks/etc., 1 has inshore plastics and lures, 1 has trolling spoons/large hooks/etc. and usually stays at home. If I'm bottom fishing I only use the first one. The unused boxes are put away.

i rock this hoss
https://www.basspro.com/XPS-Stalker-Front-Loader-Tackle-Bag/product/10208746/-1725287

the baitmonkey has it weighing 32lbs and gaining

it is so quiet in the tin i will never go back to loud solid

200racing said:
i rock this hoss
https://www.basspro.com/XPS-Stalker-Front-Loader-Tackle-Bag/product/10208746/-1725287

the baitmonkey has it weighing 32lbs and gaining

it is so quiet in the tin i will never go back to loud solid

I use a similar bag but by Browning. It holds 7 3700 boxes though and I'm wishing it held more. #-o

I recycled one of my old Sears gate-mouth tool bags that was lonely after I switched jobs into a soft bag. I've never had a real soft bag for fishing, so this is kind of an experiment. So far I really like it - holds 4 of the Flambeau style boxes with no problems and still leaves a big chunk for a couple smaller zipper style money bags for the soft baits and Gulp containers.

Tools fit great on the outside pockets, and the inside pockets are big enough to stuff an emergency hat/gloves into too.

Once I figure out where I want to put all my tackle in the Flambeau cases, I think it'll work out just fine. I've got another one sitting around doing nothing also - guess I need more lures!

C

I have two of the bag-style tackle boxes, but I always seem to grab the old Plano hard box. I think it is just a comfort thing as that was what I grew up fishing with. I throw it in the boat or carry it with me on the shore. I do like the backpack idea-never thought of that before, and it makes a lot of sense.

Plano 3 tray. i used a soft bag with 5 trays for years but it gets frustrating with 1 hand so i switched to a hard box and other than dumping it once, (my fault, sdidn't latch it, lol) i've found it much easier and quicker to find what i need when i need it.

For about 5 years I used a Plano Bill Dance hard case that holds five 3600 cases, 15 or so spinnerbaits, a couple mini cases on the inside, and has a bunch of dividers on the top. When I couldn't find a replacement for it this spring I moved up to a BPS XPS Stalker soft bag that currently holds eight 3600 cases in the main compartment with a Plano FTO elite spinner bait box on top, one 3600 in each side compartment, and a Falcon FTO Hook N Sinker box in the front compartment...plus all my tools and a couple miscellaneous bags of hooks. The thing is awesome! I don't think I'll ever go back to a hard case. And when I'm going somewhere that I only need a couple specific things, I just take out those boxes I need and throw them in a small bag. I do also use a separate duffle bag for my plastics, but you never know what you're going to need that day. :mrgreen:

I use the soft tackle bags that use the plastic zip lock slips inserts. Its compact light weight and holds a gang of tackle in a very organized manor letting me find what I need in a hurry. But then again almost all of my fishing is from a Kayak right now as I havent joined the Tin Navy quiet yet. I am working on it tho