Found a free rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
Went to the lake awhile back ago and while I was trolling around all the brush after unloading the boat my son noticed something floating in the water,as we got closer he said it looked like a fishing rod.
Sure enough it was but I don't know anything about it but only it's a South Bend crankin' casting rod that's mh 6'6 and it's in great shape!!
Is this an ok rod or did I find something worth much or not?
It's worth quite a bit to me I guess since it was free but I thought maybe you guys knew a little bit more about them.

Nice find..
South Bend is low end stuff. I classify it lower than Shakespeare. But, if the handle feels tight and the guides are not pitted from use, I would keep it as a backup rod for a guest. Dont trash it, you never know when you may need it.

I found a zebco 33 wannabe reel and rod oneday at the boat ramp. It was just sitting there on the walkway, no one around and it still had the plastic wrap around the foam handle. I forgot the maker or the combo, but I kept it for my kids so they wont use my good stuff.. :)

Latest posts