Free Sears 14vfooter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just scrubbed the boat really well with some cleaner and stiff brush, let it dry and painted over the existing paint. Seems to be holding up pretty well.

Edit: Here is a recent pic. There are a few nicks and scratches. i painted it back in July when I bought it.

100_3951.jpg

Its New Jersey Fish Chat....its another site I browse on...not every active though.

I do have a TinBoats.net sticker on the other side of my boat thanks to Shamoo! Jim's gonna have to send me some more when he get them made.

I have more things to stick them on! :shock: :lol:

pbw said:
Update still waiting on title for this boat, coworker had to reorder title due to water damage on it. Dang state is taking forever!

Good luck getting that back on a timely matter.....

Did you ever get it positively identified?

bassboy1 said:
pbw said:
Update still waiting on title for this boat, coworker had to reorder title due to water damage on it. Dang state is taking forever!

Good luck getting that back on a timely matter.....

Did you ever get it positively identified?

Nope. I'm going to strip the paint off the rear of the boat and hope to uncover a hull/vin number other than the 5 digit one..If it ever stops raining!

Fishin NJ said:
Its New Jersey Fish Chat....its another site I browse on...not every active though.

What no more barn sticker? I see ya around there every once and awhile.

The Barn sticker is on the other side next to the TinBoats sticker!

pbw said:

Your lucky your not in NJ.....you might never get it back!

It took me 2 tries and I had all the proper paperwork!

I still don't have the dang title to this boat! This is making me sick!

This boat maybe a tinboat freebee to someone in a state that doesn't require titles if this keeps up.

I'll take it! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, Ga doesn't require titles, so I have little experience with them, but if there isn't clear registration on something, we just register them as homemade. Have you thought of trying that. Most of our trailers are registered as homemade. All we have to do, is go in the tag office, tell them the type of trailer, and the estimated value. They don't inspect it, weigh it, or care in any way. Then, they just give you a 1 inch by 4 inch tag to rivet on the tongue, and the regular tag. Boats are a little different, and we haven't had to do that yet, but it isn't much harder. Plus, if you are going to do a conversion and all, you may as well register it as homemade anyway.

If that is doable in your state, it may be the way to go.

Write your representative and ask for assistance.

https://www.lrc.ky.gov/whoswho/hsedist.htm

Just figure out what district in you are in and look up their address or email address. As you claim you are in Louisville and there are a few to represenatives you could even decide which one would be more sympathetic to your cause based on their publiched bio