Frogs in November

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
The last few days its been starting to cool off, two nights ago it hit freezing temps, but last night a storm rolled through and picked up the temperature. Got to the river by 6am it was about 50 degrees, and started the day throwing pop-in frogs of my own creation. About 10 minutes into the day I had a really nice fish smash my frog, had to be 5lbs easy. Unfortunately the sun had yet to make an appearance, I tried to take a pic but it came out really dark, and i just found out I took photo shop off my comp so i cant lighten it up any. About an hour after that I changed from a white frog to a black w/ blue fleck, and picked up another nice fish (prob around 2.5-3lbs) I fished what remains of the grass beds for another hour or so and headed down to a creek mouth flowing under a bridge to see if I could find some stipers, didnt find any, but I did pick up 4 fat dinks. At around 10am I moved back to the grass and started throwing a fluke, first cast I missed a huge yellow perch, then landed a few more large mouths. In all I only had 3 keeper fish but man that first fish of the day made the trip.

Attachments

• 11-14-08-2.jpg
    11-14-08-2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 11-14-08-1.jpg
    11-14-08-1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 78
Captain Ahab said:
Nice report - still hitting frogs? That is crazy but it works
Yea, normally i wouldnt be throwin em this late in the year but I wanted to test em out a bit, and today was more likely than not the last day catchin anything on em. oh i ment to add a pic of the frog, oh well ill put one up now

Attachments

• popin frog [800x600] [320x200].JPG
    popin frog [800x600] [320x200].JPG
    50 KB · Views: 167
Wow, I haven't thrown a frog in months, in fact I don't even have them in my backpack anymore. I guess I better put them in. Nice job, that first one was definately a pig, good work.

nice fish way to stick one

I heard the bass are busting shad on the flats in Maryland
We will see in the morning I have my last tournament of the year should be fun

Latest posts