How many of you like night fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about Night Putting?

Nenenenene!
I played a night tournament once (everyone was pretty full of their choice of beverage by T time) and they gave us golf balls that glowed. They where like striking a marble.
The flags glowed too and everyone kept moving them off the green into sand traps etc.

In my neck of the woods they have occasional winter golf tourneys where they play in the snow with orange balls. Or so I've heard. Sorry to hijack the thread, I just had that night putting thing in my head ever since first saw this thread. Think I'd much rather night fish than night putt. Especially with a teenager. Back when I was in HS though.......that woulda been good fun!

I
In my neck of the woods they have occasional winter golf tourneys where they play in the snow with orange balls. Or so I've heard. Sorry to hijack the thread, I just had that night putting thing in my head ever since first saw this thread. Think I'd much rather night fish than night putt. Especially with a teenager. Back when I was in HS though.......that woulda been good fun!
I agree . I turned in all my golfing equipment for fishing equipment.

Went back and found the fish again. Nathan and his crappie gear killed it again. He got a nice 27" fish, besides many others. It was a blast hearing the drags scream. We caught some nice crappie, too, but they didn't make the pictures.

Resized_20231116_180159.jpegResized_20231116_184300.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpg
Resized_20231116_193635.jpeg

It's tempting to do this every night, when the fishing is this good.

Attachments

• Resized_20231116_193635.jpeg
    Resized_20231116_193635.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0
Went back and found the fish again. Nathan and his crappie gear killed it again. He got a nice 27" fish, besides many others. It was a blast hearing the drags scream. We caught some nice crappie, too, but they didn't make the pictures.

View attachment 117964View attachment 117963
View attachment 117966
View attachment 117968

It's tempting to do this every night, when the fishing is this good.
I can’t wait until I’ve gone to this lake enough that I know my way around.
You keeping those fish in a 5 gallon bucket under that water? Lol
Seriously that’s awesome.

Yes, the kids are floating on cloud 9, showing all their friends the pictures.

And since Nathan (the one holding the Crappie) made the lures AND he caught the biggest fish on two trips in a row, he is extra proud.

Here are his lures, by the way:

Resized_20231119_140831.jpeg

20231119_140652.jpg

They are small lures, but for some reason, the fish really like them. I just got 8 packs from him today. I'm going to shoot slab sauce into the baggies to see if that helps impregnate them with the scent. He says he may start adding scent to the lures after the sauce worked so well.

Yes, the kids are floating on cloud 9, showing all their friends the pictures.

And since Nathan (the one holding the Crappie) made the lures AND he caught the biggest fish on two trips in a row, he is extra proud.

Here are his lures, by the way:

View attachment 117976

View attachment 117977

They are small lures, but for some reason, the fish really like them. I just got 8 packs from him today. I'm going to shoot slab sauce into the baggies to see if that helps impregnate them with the scent. He says he may start adding scent to the lures after the sauce worked so well.
That is awesome! Glad to see a youngster doing something like. I believe it makes them better adults.
It’s going to be funny now that you have all those lures. And you go fishing next thing you know a fish comes to the surface and says , hey buddy where’s the kid at? Lol
Wonder how much it cost to ship some of those to Texas?

Enjoyed going for catfish at night for many years, but at 72 I fish mostly by myself, so going out at night is probably not a good idea. Sure wish I could though....
Im 72 and used to only fish at night. Lake Washington over the spillway and up St Johns river more catfish then you could eat . gave most away. also on Melbourne causeway bridge was awesome with lantern. some day let me tell you about best advise I ever was told about TROUT fishing on bridge

Im 72 and used to only fish at night. Lake Washington over the spillway and up St Johns river more catfish then you could eat . gave most away. also on Melbourne causeway bridge was awesome with lantern. some day let me tell you about best advise I ever was told about TROUT fishing on bridge
Hey Grog, where are you from?
I grew up in Cape Canaveral. We used to fish, shrimp and clam across all the causeways, from 528 down to Melbourne.

520 was my fav for fish, crabs and shrimp, Eau Gallie was the best for clamming. ALL of them were good for catching trout. I went down a couple of years ago, and the trout were so thick, it was hard for shrimp to get through them. Some nice numbers of snook, too.

That is awesome! Glad to see a youngster doing something like. I believe it makes them better adults.
It’s going to be funny now that you have all those lures. And you go fishing next thing you know a fish comes to the surface and says , hey buddy where’s the kid at? Lol
Wonder how much it cost to ship some of those to Texas?
He would be thrilled to fill some orders. Mailing in a padded envelope would probably be something like $4.50 postage.

I think he sells a pack for $4, but I'll check and let you know. He sells them to the local stores and at the boat ramp bait house. He'll do custom colors, if you want a few packs. Helps pay for his fishing addiction, ha ha.

He would be thrilled to fill some orders. Mailing in a padded envelope would probably be something like $4.50 postage.

I think he sells a pack for $4, but I'll check and let you know. He sells them to the local stores and at the boat ramp bait house. He'll do custom colors, if you want a few packs. Helps pay for his fishing addiction, ha ha.
Let us know. Im in for a few packs!

Yea let me know. I think those will be perfect for the diy umbrella rigs I’m making. Chartreuse , shad color there all good on the right day.

As far as night fishing I haven’t been since a month ago when on the way back to the launch I hadn’t set a weigh point when we headed out so I’m trying to fallow a channel since the lake is 6’ low. I would shine a small spotlight every few seconds but couldn’t find the buoys I was looking for.
Low and behold theres a point sticking farther out than usual.
I idled the boat up on the sand smooth as butter. Thankfully it was sand and not rock like a lot of other spots out there. Since then I’ve studied all about the new garmin and how it could have help a lot that night. At one point we found a brush pile and drifted off of it. Never found it again. All I had to do was hit one button and marked the brush.
I’m going to try my luck next week. Fishing report says the big catfish are finally just starting to bite in deeper water and I love drift fishing. There’s a couple of days next week the weather shows to be perfect for drifting. I just need to catch some bait in the morning and fish all day.

Personally, there's something magical about being out on the water under the stars. The tranquility, the mystery, and the anticipation of what you might reel in when the world is a bit quieter. Anyone else share the same sentiment?

Personally, there's something magical about being out on the water under the stars. The tranquility, the mystery, and the anticipation of what you might reel in when the world is a bit quieter. Anyone else share the same sentiment?
I love night fishing. We weren’t as prepared as we thought we were. Main thing I haven’t finished that lake enough to know it that well.
I lived on a lake for a few years and went night fishing all the time.
I’ll fish all winter here in Texas. By the time it warms back up I plan on knowing the lake better so I can go after those night time flatheads and crappie or like you said you don’t no what’s going to hit. Could be hybrid stripers.