Garmin fish finder pic quality Reviews?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20022

Reaction score
So I've semi settled on the sv7 due to the picture quality over other brands in that $$$ range verses features and I'm ok with not having the chart plotter. Just really want to hear anyone's experience with their garmin. Is this a good finder for finding bait and fish id or not?
Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Well if you've settled on garmin now is the time to buy. Just picked up the echomap 73sv for 499 from cabelas that's a minimum of 200 cheaper then you find it elsewhere and 500 off msrp. Essentially, you'll get full chart plotting capabilities on a 7" screen for the same price as they're 5" striker model with side view and no charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been playing with mine in the house Bc my boats out away for the winter. Getting a feel for it all and Im like a kid on Christmas. Couple benefits that led me to garmin. They have 17,000 lakes preloaded on the unit itself that's over 10,000 more then a lowrance. And if a lake isn't already on the unit, you can actually take laps around the body of water you want and map it yourself. Creating in depth 1ft contour lines for your usage. That's amazing.

Another little bonus is a free suncover.

Geesh that's an awesome deal, but i guess i missed it. Just looked it's at. $750

Man I really wish i could of found that deal. I really could use the ability to create my own map I've got a place no-one goes to fish... Originally i was going to use the navionics app, but after the reviews I'll pass besides it's not like actually creating my own map lol.

Texas Prowler said:
Man I really wish i could of found that deal. I really could use the ability to create my own map I've got a place no-one goes to fish... Originally i was going to use the navionics app, but after the reviews I'll pass besides it's not like actually creating my own map lol.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/2412938.uts?ctb=PROD4&eid=32952887&cmp=EP20161204&seg=EPP9LS34&cnt=34&WT.mc_id=email-mt&WT.tsrc=EML

I actually bought the 73dv for 599 and the day it arrived this sale started. I drove it right to my local store returned it and ordered the 73sv for 100 bucks less and a better unit.

I'd done the same lol. It is a better unit all around.

Latest posts