(saltwater) fish finder/depth finder under $100

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafree

Reaction score
i know this has been asked about a lot but i never could find my answer and i know the quality of products change for year to year. i plan to run my boat in saltwater canals, marshes and calm days on the bay. i am needing a depth finder more than a fish finder to see how deep the water is to drop my crab traps. i know the three brand names i see are Garmin, Lowrance and Hummingbird and read lots of reviews and they all have a sub $100 unit. my question is one better for the saltwater and salt air than the others? is there a clean up process anybody does after a saltwater trip like a WD40 spray down or even a little dielectric grease on the connections before the trip?

thanks

If you're just using it as a depth finder, any of the inexpensive units will work. I would look for the one with the highest resolution screen of the bunch. It will help to give the best picture. As for the connections, they should all be sealed with O-rings, which would make any maintenance unnecessary. Dielectric grease shouldn't hurt though.

Good luck!