Garmin GPS/Fishfinder for night time?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotem

Reaction score
I am looking to get a new GPS/fishfinder in the thousand dollar range. I was looking at Humminbird but was worried I would be blinded by it when I'm using it at night. I have a Lowrance that is several years old and I like how you can easily switch it to night time mode. I know the new Lowrance units will do it, does anyone know how the Garmins look at nighttime? Do they switch the colors so they don't blind you at nighttime?

I know on the Echo 551 dv. you can change the background colors. I know you can change it to blue background. but other than that. dont know on the higher end models. cant afford to look at those lol!

Steve

The birds do, and a google search indicates Garmin units have this feature as well.

You can change the birds to blue background right after you put it in "normal" mode after the start up screen. You also have the ability to make the screen dimmer if you so choose

I have a Garmin 531 that I like and a separate fish finder so I can view both without messing around. Can't recall if the Garmin has a night mode. I know their handhelds do. Garmin website should say.