Gas Line

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheeseball

Reaction score
On my mod of my 14ft jon I'm planning on putting the gas tank towards the front for weight distribution reasons. Would there be any problems with running the gas line say 8 - 10 ft.?

Make sure to keep the bulb back by the motor. They are designed to pull fuel from tank, not necasaarily to push it a long way.

CarlF said:
Make sure to keep the bulb back by the motor. They are designed to pull fuel from tank, not necasaarily to push it a long way.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement but for the length of boat being talked about here, it doesn't really make any difference anyway.

Having it close to where you sit is a plus in case you run into fuel pump problems. You can always pump the bulb to keep the motor running until you get back to the ramp. I've unfortunately been there and done that on more than one occasion. It makes for a tired hand when it happens about 10 miles from where you launched. :lol:

Latest posts