Guess who :) picture question front deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Reaction score
Here is what I got,I would like to extend the front deck for a pedestal and bow mount motor ,small factory front on it now 30 inches is all what and how would you guys make it bigger as far as framing and should I go 3/4 plywood? 1/2 ? i stood on the existing and it seems pretty scary ,i thought maybe i could get by with just that small deck but i think id be in the drink alot :lol: if i go to the next rib it would be a 52 inch deck which would be plenty,thanks again for all the useful info I know I am going to get ...have i said I love this site even though its addicting..I actually called about a boat i know thats been sitting to see if i could get it for a winter project and i havent even finished my own first mod =D>

Attachments

• front deck before1.jpg
    front deck before1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 698
  • front deck before 2.jpg
    front deck before 2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 699
I think if I were putting a deck on the front, I would put a piece of angle iron at the bottom of the front deck, then set a level and measure back to the 2nd rib for the length of the top decking. Also measure the distance from the floor behind that rib up to where the deck will end (distance between floor and the level). Cut that and screw it in the the rib from the front side of the boat. Then cut your deck out and screw it to the top of that plywood brace you just made, as well as to the angle iron on the front seat. If you use 3/4" ply, you should only need to put bracing in a square patter outlining your seat pedestal. I would just screw them to the ribs and then up to the floor.

mine had kind of the same deal, tiny factory deck and I wanted bigger. We took a piece of angled aluminum and fastened it to the end of the existing deck. We put 2x4 supports on each end. We built another support that would go where the rib is, and put three 2x4 supports going from front to back. I left the end facing the stern open for storage.

I also had a short factory frt deck and this is what I did. File is too big to add to this site so send me an e-mail and I'll send you my 3/4" deck pictures.

Here is what I have done and now I wished I had use 5/8" p/w.
My deck is 70" long and added alot of weight.

Attachments

• New Boat in process 018.jpg
    New Boat in process 018.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 691

Latest posts