Gulp Alive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
How many of you use gulp alive baits. I have been using them for just over a year now and really like them. I just want to see what you all think about them.

When they first came out, I fished them all the time. Even won a few tournaments with them. I'm a fan of the 4" in either smelt, or black shad for smallies.

They are the best!! I can honestly say I catch more with them than I do with live bait. I always fish both live and Gulp! and I always catch 3 or 4 on Gulp for every 1 i catch on live. 3" natural shrimp, shad, and crab are awesome.

RatherBFishin said:
They are the best!! I can honestly say I catch more with them than I do with live bait. I always fish both live and Gulp! and I always catch 3 or 4 on Gulp for every 1 i catch on live. 3" natural shrimp, shad, and crab are awesome.

I have also heard nothing but rave reviews from the bay guys fishing flounder, reds, and specks.....

This is good to here because I do have great "LUCK" with them also and when live bait is hard to find Gulp Alive is my go to bait.

Thanks for the comments

fool4fish1226 said:
This is good to here because I do have great "LUCK" with them also and when live bait is hard to find Gulp Alive is my go to bait.

Thanks for the comments

I have also tried the leaches, and the worms, and haven't had great success with them, but i'm sure they have their time and place....

I use gulp alive, I really think they do work very well..and sometimes even better than live bait. I have noticed I catch more trash fish with a gulp alive than I do with other artificals. I will say it seems reds REALLY like them. I mainly buy the 3" assorted shrimp.

Tried the Gulp Alive 3 inch New penny shrimp. Supposed to be the hot item around here for reds and specks. Nada Nothing... But, I didn't catch anything on the other half dozen lures I tried, either.

If the fish aren't there, then it doesn't matter what lure you are using.

I'll try them again, hopefully on a day when I catch a few. Then I'll give the Gulp a chance to improve on those numbers R

richg99 said:
Tried the Gulp Alive 3 inch New penny shrimp. Supposed to be the hot item around here for reds and specks. Nada Nothing... But, I didn't catch anything on the other half dozen lures I tried, either.

If the fish aren't there, then it doesn't matter what lure you are using.

I'll try them again, hopefully on a day when I catch a few. Then I'll give the Gulp a chance to improve on those numbers R

I have had those type of days to were nothing is working but I have a rule that the boat will NOT come back shunked I will throw the kitchen sink at them If I have toooooooooooooooooo

Let me know how your next outing goes

" the boat will NOT come back shunked I will throw the kitchen sink at them If I have toooooooooooooooooo

That would be nice, but fishing isn't my only activity. The nice thing about being retired is that I can go back and do it again soon. Seems the holidays are getting in the way, though.

R

I understand can,t wait to be retired to!! i only got a few more years about 3 or 4 until I can call it quits. Have great day and let us know about your next trip

Cartman said:
I use gulp alive, I really think they do work very well..and sometimes even better than live bait. I have noticed I catch more trash fish with a gulp alive than I do with other artificals. I will say it seems reds REALLY like them. I mainly buy the 3" assorted shrimp.

I have to agree. Even though I catch more keepers, I do catch more trash fish with them as well. They seem to catch a lot of everything.

They are a great go to bait when I cant find live bait. I prefer the new penny 3" shrimp. I also use them off shore... the snapper love em, and if you cut them in to 1/2" pieces the Mahi will devour them.

Same here. I've tried them a half dozen times since I bought them. Penny shrimp for saltwater and even tried the same stuff in fresh. Nary a bite.

Of course, on those days, I didnt get a bite on anything else either. If the fish aren't there..then no bait is going to work. More experimenting to be done.

What I'd like to do is get into a situation where I caught five or six of something...on another lure...then put the Gulp on and see if my bite rate increased. No such opportunities lately, though. R