guys with i-pilot remote

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Thought I'd do some preventive maintenance and replace the remote battery. Well it's true what I read on some other sites. Not all cr2450 batteries are the same. I'd have saved a couple of days if I had just bought the renata battery like it comes with. The number is cr2450N . Guess the "n" is what makes the difference because the regular cr2450 wouldn't power up my remote.

just a heads up

The reason some batteries don't work is because they don't sit deep enough to make contact with the metal tab at the bottom.

The Fix: Bend the metal tab up a little bit and all Cr2450 batteries will work. Problem solved!

Thanks for the tip, had read the same issue on other forums, good tip to know. =D>

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319217#p319217 said:
krawler » Yesterday, 23:09[/url]"]The reason some batteries don't work is because they don't sit deep enough to make contact with the metal tab at the bottom.

The Fix: Bend the metal tab up a little bit and all Cr2450 batteries will work. Problem solved!
Had same problem with the stock battery. I put a dime in between the battery and the cover to fix it.