Halloween, Patriots, and B-day Party BBQ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernoob

Reaction score
The Rub
DfPwo.jpg

The Brisket
u82KR.jpg

The Baby Back Ribs
jy6Bf.jpg

The Beef Ribs
b6Ztu.jpg

The Smoker
26oxc.jpg

Also doing Salmon on cedar planks. More picture tomorrow.

How long before you wrap the ribs? You sauce them and then wrap?

Tell me about your brisket technique to get that nice ring. What temp you keep the smoker?

Jim said:
How long before you wrap the ribs? You sauce them and then wrap?

Tell me about your brisket technique to get that nice ring. What temp you keep the smoker?

Brisket
I trim a little of the fat cap, next time I'm leaving the fat cap alone, then mustard and dry rub, wrap and fridge over night. This morning I took the brisket out of the fridge and let it sit for ~30mins while I got the smoker ready, got the brisket on about 8:30am. I use only hard wood, a combo of hickory and birch. I tried to kept the smoker temp ~275-300 but the temps did get as high as 350 for brief periods of time. When the brisket temp got to ~165-170, around 3 or 3:30, I wrapped it with foil then at 190 took the foil off then let it get to 195 pulled it wrapped it and let it sit for another 15mins. Finished around 4:30.

Another picture of the smoke ring.
4QSWF.jpg

Ribs
Remove the membrane on the ribs then same prep as Brisket. Out of the fridge @ 11:30 and let it sit for ~30mins. In the smoker at noon, dry, ~2-2:30 wrapped and sauced, 3:30 unwrapped, sauced back in the smoker, pulled them at 4:30, 2-1-1 method. The ribs were great, I think 2-2-1 would have had the meat falling off the bone.

ejones1961 said:
I like the rack for your ribs. Does that help with cooking, havivg them on the edge?

For me the biggest thing is it saves on cooking space, but I think it helps them cook more evenly.