Hamburg Lake 03/05 and 03/06

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
Sorry no pics, phone died after about 30 mins.
My oldest daughter wanted to go camping for her 8th birthday. I saw an opportunity to spend time with the family and do a little fishing. I took Friday off to get the camper ready and get on down to the campground. We frequent Georiga's state parks and absolutely love them. I got to the campground, go set up, and rented a jon boat. Water was cold and clear to lightly stained. The wind was blowing pretty good so I had to anchor and fish.
03/05
First fish of the day was not the target species. I felt the strike on a lipless crakbait but it felt strange. I reeled it up and looked over the side and saw a slab of crappie hooked in the back. As luck would have it the fish managed to get fouled in the anchor line. I pulled the anchor and fish and it was a big ole crappie, looked to be 1.5 to 2 lbs.
Second fish came off a spinner bait I bought 2 hours before. First cast with that bait, I threw in to some cover and it hit on about the second turn of the reel. First fish I've caught on a spinner bait in a long time. That fish was about 2 lbs. The very next cast was a disaster. The wind caught the bait and it sailed into a tree. I tried to ease the bait out of the tree, but on the second try it broke off and fell in the water, DANGIT! My wife and kids arrived shortly thereafter so I called it day.
03/06
Headed out for a few hours and finally found a pattern. The fish was staged right where they should be for prespawn, in deeper water on the edge of the shallows, Finally! Started throwing a deep crank parrallel to and about 25-30 feet off the bank. As soon as the bait started hitting bottom they would whack it. I caught 3 between 1 and 2 pounds back to back and decided to call it a day and go spend some time with the family.

Latest posts