Happy Birthday Waterwings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the B-day wishes fellas! :) . I was out of town since 4:30 this morning and got home at 6:45 tonight. Took our 6 member orienteering team to the state meet and the students were out in the wind and rain for 3 hours doing the course, and they placed First (Varsity) in State! 8) . They also took personal medals in 3rd, 4th, and 6th time catagories. There were about 100+ competitiors on various courses and our team beat 4 other teams. A long cold and wet day, but their hard work paid-off :)

Jim said:
I thought you were out celebrating your birthday, and had a few too many :beer:

Nah, I quit that yrs ago.......................got sick & tired of waking up sick & tired, lol. I just have a couple now, lol.

Codeman said:
Congrats on the team. :oops: I had to look it up, but it kind of sounds like fun. Sounds like geo caching with out the GPS.

Yep, pretty much the same thing, with orienteering being a timed event, and they got to use the e-punching finger sticks (has a computer chip in it) at each location to show they'd visitied all 15 locations (this event) in the correct sequential order.

Latest posts