Harbor Freight boat trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is super old, but what do you guys think of them now that you have had them for a while? I think it would be perfect for my Crawdad

I bought a trailer from Northern Tool in Minnesota that I think is the same as the HF model. It's been quite a while but I think I paid about $250. My boat was a 1236 w/9.9 4-stroke. I pulled it with a Jeep Liberty. Here's what I thought...

Basically the trailer was ok for what I wanted but there were a few problems. When loading the boat I couldn't see the trailer while backing up. In a pickup with the tailgate down I could have but not with my Jeep. I did all kinds of crazy things to be able to see it including a flag on a fiberglass rod like bikers use. After taking out the trailer light on the dock I decided to raise the lights with a piece of square-tube steel. Then I could see the empty trailer when I backed up, it kept the lights out of the water and made me more visible on the highway. I think the wheels are 8" and the overall outfit was pretty light. When I drove on city streets it bounced a lot and sounded like I was towing the end of the world behind me. On the highway it was fine and towed easily. I reconfigured the bunks as someone else mentioned including longer boards. The 3' ones that came with the trailer were too short. I never did solve the winch post issues before I sold it but check froggy's postings, I think he did. It was actually an ok little trailer and I thought perfect for a 12' boat. It was easy to maneuver, especially in the narrow alley where I parked it.

[URL=https://s876.photobucket.com/u...t.com/albums/ab322/krame023/pvcbows.jpg[/img][/url]

Latest posts